Votes: 0 0.0%
  • you know, I'll be honest....they just 'aint that good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
I'm really beginning to like Rvbicon. It's by far their most accessible. "Thermopylae" is glorious!

Otherwise, AR seem seriously progressive to me. They are like the Blind Guardians of black metal!!!!

And 5 albums in 15 years? Pick your fave.

Rubicon was the first I heard by them. I just recently got Fatherland and Dim Carcosa. Haven't listened to them enough to really make a decision, so I will say Rubicon is my favorite so far.

I wasn't wood by Rvbicon, but I grabbed Dim Carcosa and that's really good, I was thinking more of a meh headliner at first but now a must see(whenever I grab the rest of their albums :lol:)

My favorite album of theirs isn't listed in the poll: And The Hoards Stood As One. What an incredible live album!

My second fave is Rvbicon.

These guys have incredible depth and, yes, they do seem to be moving in a more progressive manner. Toward what, I don't know. But they have remarkable depth and a flair for the bombastic.

Ha, you're missing out by judging this band by various track selections posted on myspace. Listen to a full album (Dim Carcosa), and join the party! I speak as a person who was in your shoes no longer than 48 hours ago.

borat-d71caf8ecc.gif

Anyone have a recent setlist? I'm curious if they'd still be playing the Rubicon setlist...

Also, interesting to see Dim Carcosa is winning this poll, not that I would disagree. Although the album drops off a little at the half way point, it's still their most consistent and the first 4 or 5 tracks are glorious.

just sharing my personal thoughts
probably i wont make it to the concert because i am not in us.my fav albums diabolical serenades,blasfemia eternal and dim carcosa because its best work from gunther theys.Lyrics are much stronger than rvbicon and fatherland.i am old school fan of ancient rites and i go with their old albums.
Rvbicon is pretty strong album no doubt labelled with season of mist,personally i dont like this album because gunther makes clean vocals but instrument exceptionally well organized but keyboard by davy wouter is too much influencing this album which i dont like. although gunther thinks davy plays better than domingo(currently plays bass) and once domingo got fired after dim carcosa because his work was not good enough later brought back as bass player mind you guyz he is an allrounder he even plays guitars.

i hope ancient rites play full track on diabolical serenades and blasfemia eternal and then wrap up the show with mother europe mithras,and the horns stood as one and finally fatherland.

sadly bart leaves the band,this guy is amazing and his extreme guitar works for diabolical serenades and blasfemia eternal but i couldnt feel his presence in rvbicon erik sprooten takes lead part for rvbicon.i like his guitar work too.raf jansen the third guitarist for rvbicon departed very soon after few gigs.

all in all you guys gonna get your money worth with this legendary band.

thanx for reading