The Official Movie thread.

Any fans of the tv show Dexter here? I have heard shit loads about it but only started watching it properly over the last few days. Pretty damn good show iyam. I'm up to episode 5 of season 2, so no spoilers ;). Oh and who else is pumped for South Park to start up again, not long now, 8th of October.

Any fans of the tv show Dexter here? I have heard shit loads about it but only started watching it properly over the last few days. Pretty damn good show iyam. I'm up to episode 5 of season 2, so no spoilers ;). Oh and who else is pumped for South Park to start up again, not long now, 8th of October.

Yeah, Dexters great, and I enjoy watching it, but it still feels like it has the potential to be brilliant but just not there yet.

you, my man, have listed the best shows on tv right now imo. Dexter is so good, one of the very few show I've gotten into, im excited for the new season.

And, it's fucking South Park of course im pumped!

very excited for south park. hopefully matt and trey will make some good episodes, these last couple season have fallin a bit short. but maybe my standards are too high for a show as great as south park.

Southpark is great! The last few seasons had some of the funniest episodes, but also had some really bad ones too. It's a mixed bag, but it's worth it's weight in gold for what it does right.

A bit excited about Max Payne. I played the game when it came out and it absolutely owned, one of my all-time favorites next to Deus Ex and like... Mario... but the movie looks like it might be a little :erk:y. Mark Wahlberg looks exactly the part though.

I've only watched season one that ended a week ago here in Oz, but can't wait to watch the rest. Best show on TV of that type in a LONG time. Amazing acting, esp. :worship:Michael Hall as the charming/dark Dexter. :worship: Awesome story it just leaves you with that feeling of non-resolution, of the emptiness Dexter experiences. I love it as you can see. 5 stars (hate the word Kudos).

A bit excited about Max Payne.

Could it be the first decent game movie? I'll prolly just end up waiting to see Punisher: War Zone instead. Although both are the kind of movie that warrant reviews before consideration of spending your hard earned cash to watch in the theater.

I'm mostly into slow European-styled films although there are some exceptions (examples would be V for Vendetta and LOTR).
Dancer in the dark, The Elephant man, Mullholland Drive, A Clockwork Orange, Frozen Land, Amelie, La double vie the Veronique, Requiem for a dream, Trois couleurs, Pi, Dogville, Notes on a scandal, Un chien andalou, Eraserhead, House of sand and fog

very excited for south park. hopefully matt and trey will make some good episodes, these last couple season have fallin a bit short. but maybe my standards are too high for a show as great as south park.
Agreed. 5-8 are absolutely flawless imo. Some episodes are better than others but every episode is fantastic. 9-12 are good and have some incredible episodes in them but overall as seasons they aren't as strong as 5-8.

A show I just found out about (my GF bought seasons 1-3 on DVD), and now I love it , is "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". Anyone else know about this show? Fucking hilarious!!:lol::lol::lol:

The Machinist.

The score is cool too.
It just makes sense, if you get where im coming from.

Here is a list of movies i have caught in the past 2 weeks. i was sick with strep-throat so give me a break. i usually don’t have this much time on my hands.

Gran Torino - very good movie
the Unborn - very bad movie but has a VERY hot chick in it.
Battle Royale 1 - wow, you have to see this movie, violent > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Royale_(film)
Battle Royale 2 - holy crap this is the worst movie ever, other than "the happening"
Sukiyaki Western Django - worth the time, if you have it.
Backwoods - OK this movies was worse than the unbord but still not as bad as "the happening"
Reincarnation - Very good horror movie, "grude-esque"

TV Series:
The wire - i just got done with the series finale a while ago but, wow. there has never been, nor will ever be, a show this good. and I watch (unfortunately) way too much tv.