The Official Movie thread.

Dude, I never thought it was real, but that whole gimmick is what got anyone to even start talking about that pos. I was in LA at the time, and everyone was making a big deal so I went to the premiere because frankly I had nothing else to do at the time. I ended up being even more bored watching it. Now we have that Cloverfield gimmick to thank for it, which I never saw. As they say, fool me once shame on you, but fool me twice...

edit: And by fool I mean the gimmick hype train since it seems I have to specify things more clearly.

Anyhow I've got nothing really more to say about it as I've spoken more than it deserves.

lol if anyone saw cloverfield and thought it was real. I guess one of this thread's purposes is to post last film watched. So... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424136/. Hard candy, staring Ellen Page (Juno). I enjoyed it for what it was. Shot by the same guy who did 28 days later who I always enjoy as a DOP. It's a decent Drama/Thriller on a low budget with some promising actors. Not for the weak stomach's I might add ;).

Dude, I never thought it was real, but that whole gimmick is what got anyone to even start talking about that pos. I was in LA at the time, and everyone was making a big deal so I went to the premiere because frankly I had nothing else to do at the time. I ended up being even more bored watching it. Now we have that Cloverfield gimmick to thank for it, which I never saw. As they say, fool me once shame on you, but fool me twice...

edit: And by fool I mean the gimmick hype train since it seems I have to specify things more clearly.

Anyhow I've got nothing really more to say about it as I've spoken more than it deserves.

No, seriously, man, it's OK. You don't have to defend yourself:lol:!! ...and I did see Cloverfield (Netflix), and that shit was REAL!!! No, just kidding. I think I had you going for a second:lol:. Actually, that movie WAS terrible, but I wouldn't be blaming the Blair Witch people for the "hype". They did it first, and uncreativeness followed, such is Hollywood anyway. Personally, I think that was really creative when it came out. It's just all the people out there who actually thought it was real, and felt that they got ripped of when they found out it wasn't!!:lol: If I were one of the creators, I'd be laughing even more! I didn't even see it in theater. Bought the DVD new for like $3 when everyone started crying about it being fake:lol:!

That movie cost about the price for a nice car to make...
How many nice cars ya think they got now??!!

Dude, it's OK! There are plenty of people in your boat!!:lol:

lol if anyone saw cloverfield and thought it was real. I guess one of this thread's purposes is to post last film watched. So... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424136/. Hard candy, staring Ellen Page (Juno). I enjoyed it for what it was. Shot by the same guy who did 28 days later who I always enjoy as a DOP. It's a decent Drama/Thriller on a low budget with some promising actors. Not for the weak stomach's I might add ;).

I so hated cloverfield and all the "overratedness" of not only that movie but j.j. Abram's. I take it you didn't like either.
:worship:28 days later is an awesome movie. There're some holes in the narrative, parts of it lack a bit of logic, like he's all covered in blood but doesn't get infected, but regardless I thought it was very dark and well acted, esp. Cillian Murphy. Loved the double ending.
Juno now that you name it is pretty cool!

This is a bit of a chick flick but amelie is pretty good (french)

Cloverfield was pretty rubbish. JJ is a hack. 28 days later is pretty good. Cillian Murphy isn't in 28 days later. Perhaps you are thinking of Sunshine, also a Danny Boyle film. Amelie is fantastic, probably my favorite Jean-Pierre Jeunet film.

romper stomper, it was funny seeing russell crowe and the skinheads getting their asses handed to them by the local vietnamese guys. other than that its a pretty shitty / uninteresting movie but its got russell crowe

lol well fuck me, I had completely forgotten he was in it (shows how long ago it was I saw it). Actually I don't think I've seen it since it was in the cinemas, which was like 6 years ago.