The Official *Show In My City Rocked* Thread

Stygian

The Stargate
Just wanted to thank the band for putting up a great show in Minneapolis last night. Me and a buddy hung out with the band by the merchandise the majority of the night and they were awesome, answered any questions we had and were down to earth. And drank the beer we brought for them with us! If any of you guys are reading this take care and we can't wait til you can come back again and hopefully play longer than 30 minutes. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hell yeah i was there, i liked them better than Bodom by far. Pisses me off...i was going to wait until after Bodom played to go get my Amon Amarth hoodie but no the nords packed up and left before...dammit. Gotta buy it on the Internet now. Great show...i could tell they wanted to stay...everyone was chanting Amon Amarth when they left hoping for an encore but shitty ass Trivium had to play.

Hey, I was at the Novemebr 11th Toronto Show and ws VERY impressed.

I never heard any Amon Amarth before that night, and was goign because I love Bodom. I even got their at 1pm just to be up front, the guys right behind us in line were huge Amon Amarth Fans, and one was very drunk.

We were given the opertunity (the front door was unlocked) to even walk into the venue befreo the show where we talked to their Singer.

Anyway long story short, Amon Amarth Rules, and puts on a great show, and I wanna know what Albums/songs to look for in order to get into them more.

P.S. if you were one ofthose 4 guys at the concert behid us in line that got into the opera house with your drunk friend who couldn't stop spitting, we were the 3 longhaird fools in the front of the ling the whole time :)

I would like to thank the band too. I waited for 2 1/2 hours in the cold just to see you guys. Many thanks and come again.

I also lost my left shoe in the Trivium pit. . .If anyone saw it mail it to me. :p

Yeah. Amon Amarth is a great band. I got the chance to meet them during the Trivium set, because I had nothing better to do. They were at the merch stand, and then afterwards I met Johan (Hegg) out in the smoking section, shook his hand, and got a picture.
It was a sweet night.

get versus the world first, its more melodic than their older stuff but my fav
one of those cds that has no bad tracks on it, just let it fly

across the rainbow bridge being my fav track...

Belgar said:
did you have a black shirt on as well? or a black shirt with a band logo impossible to decypher?

My freind had a Black Sonata Arctica Shirt, I just had my winter Coat on the whole time. I purchased A black Bodom sweater afterwards though :)

Stygian said:
Just wanted to thank the band for putting up a great show in Minneapolis last night. Me and a buddy hung out with the band by the merchandise the majority of the night and they were awesome, answered any questions we had and were down to earth. And drank the beer we brought for them with us! If any of you guys are reading this take care and we can't wait til you can come back again and hopefully play longer than 30 minutes. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hell yeah! Thanks for the beer! Much appreciated! :kickass:

The Crusher wasnt that good imo, except for Risen from the sea, and As long as the raven flies (which rocks). The Crusher is by far their worst album.

Stygian said:
Why you would want to be in Trivium's pit or support Trivium at all is beyond me but that sucks man, I know what its like man I had my glasses knocked off and crushed at GWAR just 2 weeks back

I was leading some friends in there, I was on my way out then I was shoved down, and my shoe somehow removed. I fucking hate trivium....

Also, stygian, were you the guy I spoke to before the show about Nevermore, the Gigantour and Amon Amarth?