The Official *Show In My City Rocked* Thread

Oh man I can't fucking wait!! It sucks ass that Trivium is playing though, I hate that band. Anyone else going to see them?

Anyways, I'm new here and still fairly new to the european extreme metal scene, I've heard and love Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Enthroned, Mayhem, Marduk, and Tvangeste. Have any more you would like to recommend??

Wow what a coincidence, I actually just downloaded some Immortal and, your right, I do love them!! Thanks for the recommendation though!

Yeah, it was an amazing show, of course. The set, while short, was full of power and energy, an Amon hallmark. The fellas are just cool as hell too; it's comforting to know I'll share the afterlife with these guys.

Bitte ein Bit, Ardbeg! We'll see you again, I'm sure.

If you download something that you like, make sure to go out and buy it. These extreme metal bands aren't living like rock stars you know, and sometimes they have a hard time economically.

Yo should also check out Unleashed and the western european Behemoth. There are countless great bands from europe, but these are just two I've been listening much to lately.

TheLastWithPaganBlood said:
If you download something that you like, make sure to go out and buy it. These extreme metal bands aren't living like rock stars you know, and sometimes they have a hard time economically.

Agreed. Downloading shit is a great tool, but please support the bands.

Behemoth is a good band, and another Polish powerhouse is Vader, who are on tour right now in the States. Check out www.vader.pl for any dates near you. I saw them a week ago in Minneapolis, and while not one of their greatest performances, seeing them live would be a good step.

Also, check the inlay of your favorite bands for people/bands they give thanks to. A great way to find new music.

Yo should also check out Unleashed and the western european Behemoth. There are countless great bands from europe, but these are just two I've been listening much to lately.

hehehe, how about just behemoth

Of course, I have strict rules about downloading music. I only download one or two songs by a band then, if I like them, I will go out and buy their music.

And thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out and get back to you.

Starting with Vs. The World can't be false.
And when you want to spend a bit more money take the Viking Edition of Vs. The World which includes the (awesome) Sorrow Throughout The Nine Worlds MCD, the Thor Arise Demo and "Siegreicher Marsch" a german version of "Victorious March"....I'm sure you heard that song!

When you got that songs you know the melodic and the rawer side of AA.
So you shouldn't have any problems listen to the other albums.
Go on with Once Sent from Golden Hall.....

Infernity said:
Yeah, it was an amazing show, of course. The set, while short, was full of power and energy, an Amon hallmark. The fellas are just cool as hell too; it's comforting to know I'll share the afterlife with these guys.

Bitte ein Bit, Ardbeg! We'll see you again, I'm sure.

Very Short. Should have performed 2nd not first. :worship:

man after every concert there is a new thread in the forum that the show was great.......we all know that aa shows are fucking great!!
So please no new threads.....

Well, I am obviously going to be at the venue both before, during and after the show. I'll be the one in the back, with the big grin on my face, laughing my head off. (It still cracks me up to see my baby brother on stage growling..) If the Baby of the family makes it into town early enough, I hope I'll be taking him for supper first, but that's all depending on scheduling and such. I'm coming to town with a carload of Norse vikings. We ought to stick out like a sore thumb...