The Official *Show In My City Rocked* Thread

-DarkMoon- said:
Where you the big guy with the toque? I think I saw you there. I was "one of those kids" with a Lamb of God shirt. Believe me though, I wasn't there for Trivium. Anywys, the show kicked harsh ass and I bought an Amon Amarth shirt. It was fucking great.

No. I was wearing a Hatebreeder shirt and a jean jacket. I have blonde hair to my shoulders.

Yeah the show did kick ass.

I was just wondering who else went to that show? It was at the opera house, on november 11th, friday night in toronto Canada. Anyways i just wanted to let everyone know, that while i loved the concert, i loved every song amon amarth played was just incredible, they really deserve more credit. Not alot of people knew who they were at the concert that night, everyone knew about children of bodom, and surprisingly, alot of people were there for trivium ( in my opinion, one of the worst bands ever) anyways... Amon amarth came into the crowd of people at the end, near the area where they sell shirts and stuff and they just chilled there for a bit, i was right bside them but was way too high( on dear old Mary Jane) to go up to them, and plus, i didnt have a camera to take pictures or anything, but i at least shook Johan's hand( lead singer ). Anyways.. just wanted to say that iw oudl have payed 30$ to see just amon amarth or just children of bodom, the fact that 30$ to see both of them was really sweet..... I wanted to go back to the december 12th show, because with trivium gone, AA can play more songs, but it's sold out.... :( ANyone here been to that Toronto Show on november 11th? and what'd you think of it ? i think... they shuld have played less trivium and just stuck amon amarth and children of bodom longer... OO YEAH BTW i wanna mention, i was right there front and center for 3/4 of the show until halfway through the COB( children of bodom ) performance, the drummer did a sick, what seemed like a 10 min solo and then through one ofh is drumsticks into the crowd!! and guess who caught it? me!! Bahaha :D what a perfect way to end the concert, oo yeah did i also mention that my birthday was the next day on november 12th? how sweet is that? i also bought an amon amarth hoody :D, didnt have enough cash to buy the amon amarth vodka shirt AND the hoody :(

trivium isn't going to be at the dec 12th show??
i was at the november 11th show... i was a bit disappointed by cob...
but it was a good show none the less...

I just arrived home from Vancouver, BC, Canada. My cousin, 2 friends and myself took a plane to see Amon Amarth from Calgary, AB, Canada.

Plane Ticket = 270
Hotel = 100
Show Ticket = 30
Food and Jag= 100

Sold one of my guitars (Jackson RR) to go...and was it ever worth it. We were blown away when we first arrived at the venue (4 hours before show). Johan was just pulling up the Rent-a-van with their gear. We stood like idiots (about 10 feet away) as they were unloading the gear, just watching in amazement as they unloaded. Johan was even nice enough to talk to us, shake our hands and take 2 pictures after unloading it all.

We were first in line and pumped for the doors to be opened. Waiting in anticipation for the only band we came to see, Amon Amarth. The set was wicked, standing front row throwing up the horns and head banging right with Johan S. After the concert we were approached by a Norse Priest, what a guy. He was with Johan Hegg's sister (sorry I forgot your name :( ) After talking with them for a good 10 minutes, she told me to join the Amon Amarth forums (here I am :) ). We got one final picture with Johan Hegg, then they left for dinner.

I doubt I will see such an amazing set any time soon in North America. I hope to get Olavi and Ted's signatures in Europe 2007 as I missed seeing Olavi and Ted who left before I got a chance to say "Hail".

Thank you Amon Amarth.

Mork

BTW we made a photo album of the best pictures we took. There are some that are not Amon Amarth, but it is better than nothing.

http://photobucket.com/albums/c23/hongcouver/

asmallchild said:
Lamb of God, more like Lamb of Suck lolololol

Wow, that was a less then pathetic attempt at an insult...:yuk:

Hey Tyra, I saw you at the show right before Amon Amarth came on and while I was lining up for tickets and was going to talk to you during Trivium's set but I couldn't find you...

Babydollcybergoth, yeah trivium wont be at the dec 12 show, they even sayd that they werent going to be there but theyll be here in frebruary, ( here meaning in here where im atn ow, Toronto) and i was soo releived, wanted to buy a dec 12 ticket soo badly but i might show up on dec 12 and buy one from scalpter, anyone got an idea at how much theyd be selling for ?

Sandu said:
Babydollcybergoth, yeah trivium wont be at the dec 12 show, they even sayd that they werent going to be there but theyll be here in frebruary, ( here meaning in here where im atn ow, Toronto) and i was soo releived, wanted to buy a dec 12 ticket soo badly but i might show up on dec 12 and buy one from scalpter, anyone got an idea at how much theyd be selling for ?

to be honest... i didn't see much of trivium's set... i was kinda lurking around... was outside for a while...
trivium has their merits... but they're just not my cup of tay...
as for the ticketing issue... it's a shame that aa isn't headlining otherwise i'd suggest that you wait around for a while and sometimes a nice security would let you in for like $20... but since they're opening... and there are no local bands... i say save those pennies and bring a friend that's really good at heckling...
good luck to ya... not to gloat or anything but i'm going to the dec 12th show... :loco:

Mork said:
I just arrived home from Vancouver, BC, Canada. My cousin, 2 friends and myself took a plane to see Amon Amarth from Calgary, AB, Canada.

Plane Ticket = 270
Hotel = 100
Show Ticket = 30
Food and Jag= 100

Sold one of my guitars (Jackson RR) to go...and was it ever worth it. We were blown away when we first arrived at the venue (4 hours before show). Johan was just pulling up the Rent-a-van with their gear. We stood like idiots (about 10 feet away) as they were unloading the gear, just watching in amazement as they unloaded. Johan was even nice enough to talk to us, shake our hands and take 2 pictures after unloading it all.

We were first in line and pumped for the doors to be opened. Waiting in anticipation for the only band we came to see, Amon Amarth. The set was wicked, standing front row throwing up the horns and head banging right with Johan S. After the concert we were approached by a Norse Priest, what a guy. He was with Johan Hegg's sister (sorry I forgot your name :( ) After talking with them for a good 10 minutes, she told me to join the Amon Amarth forums (here I am :) ). We got one final picture with Johan Hegg, then they left for dinner.

I doubt I will see such an amazing set any time soon in North America. I hope to get Olavi and Ted's signatures in Europe 2007 as I missed seeing Olavi and Ted who left before I got a chance to say "Hail".

Thank you Amon Amarth.

Mork

BTW we made a photo album of the best pictures we took. There are some that are not Amon Amarth, but it is better than nothing.

http://photobucket.com/albums/c23/hongcouver/

Nice post and story :D

Just as luck as I was. Those are some great photos BTW

The vikings hit San Francisco last night. I got there at 7:30 and there was a huge line, and I was worried I wouldn't get in before AA started, especially after hearing about what happened in Chicago. Finally got through the doors about 8:15, and praise Odin! They hadn't started yet. They bumped back the starting time until 9:00. I wonder if AA did that on purpose so that everyone could see them.

When they hit the stage the crowd surged forward and there was a sea of raised fists and horns as everyone screamed their lungs out for each viking. The guys tore into the set. Johan owned the stage, drinking from a giant horn between roaring through his burly beard. The highlights of the set were Pursuit of Vikings, which had the whole crowd banging their heads, Fate of Norns, which was huge and epic, and the closer, Death in Fire, which Johan introduced by screaming "Death in..." three times, and each time the crowd screamed back "Fire!"

Of course, the set was far to short. Johan apologized to the crowd, which clearly would have loved a longer set. He said "We'd like to play for another hour, but we have to stop." This was made worse by the fact that they were followed by Trivium, who had a huge attitude. At one point, the lead singer of Trivium actually stopped the show for a good five minutes to argue with some anti-Trivium guys in the front. It was ridiculous.

COB was better. They put on a great show, with some blazing fast guitar solos and a drum solo that was very good. But the highlight was without doubt the Swedes. All hail Amon Amarth! :worship:

VikingSF said:
The vikings hit San Francisco last night. I got there at 7:30 and there was a huge line, and I was worried I wouldn't get in before AA started, especially after hearing about what happened in Chicago. Finally got through the doors about 8:15, and praise Odin! They hadn't started yet. They bumped back the starting time until 9:00. I wonder if AA did that on purpose so that everyone could see them.

When they hit the stage the crowd surged forward and there was a sea of raised fists and horns as everyone screamed their lungs out for each viking. The guys tore into the set. Johan owned the stage, drinking from a giant horn between roaring through his burly beard. The highlights of the set were Pursuit of Vikings, which had the whole crowd banging their heads, Fate of Norns, which was huge and epic, and the closer, Death in Fire, which Johan introduced by screaming "Death in..." three times, and each time the crowd screamed back "Fire!"

Of course, the set was far to short. Johan apologized to the crowd, which clearly would have loved a longer set. He said "We'd like to play for another hour, but we have to stop." This was made worse by the fact that they were followed by Trivium, who had a huge attitude. At one point, the lead singer of Trivium actually stopped the show for a good five minutes to argue with some anti-Trivium guys in the front. It was ridiculous.

COB was better. They put on a great show, with some blazing fast guitar solos and a drum solo that was very good. But the highlight was without doubt the Swedes. All hail Amon Amarth! :worship:

yes the concert was awesome. I got to say hello to fredrik, olli, and johan.
Nice guys. Trivium singer was such a little bitch. Children of Bodom were awesome. But definatley Amon Amarth owned the intensity of the night.
Can't wait till next time, and hopefully they'll have a longer set! oh yeah the singer of trivium had a burzum shirt before they went on stage. Blasphemy!

VikingSF said:

LMAO DUDE i swear.. its like we're one minded... soo much love for amon amarth :D i love their song entitled " army of darkness " but :D fuck!! too bad they couldnt like just be touring with COB, trivium was such a waste of time

Sandu said:
LMAO DUDE i swear.. its like we're one minded... soo much love for amon amarth :D i love their song entitled " army of darkness " but :D fuck!! too bad they couldnt like just be touring with COB, trivium was such a waste of time

Maybe next time they'll headline the tour instead of starting. They deserve the respect, since they've been pursuing a solid vision for their entire career as a band - no burning out, and no "evolution", just constant perfection of their own sound.