The Olympics Thread

Will anyone be watching the games this summer, and what events are your favorite. Also what countries will you be cheering for?

One of my personal favorites has always been female gymnastics. :) I also enjoy the track and field games. GO USA!!

I also might just watch for the Muslims..... See what they might do.
lol! but it's kind of disturbing. I'll probably turn it on every now and then just to see what's up, maybe check the website for the standings. I'll root for USA but I sometimes just like to root for the underdog.

I've always been a big fan of womens tennis !

To bad the guy with no legs from South Africa didn't qualify.

Lmao @ Roger Federer being eliminated by an unknown guy
James Blake is pretty well known, he's number 7 in the world atm, higher than Roddick. It took him like 8 matches to finally beat him. Roger needs to get a coach, 3 years of total domination without any coach is incredible. But tennis is changing and the styles of tennis younger players are throwing at him doesn't allow him to dictate the game from the bass line like he loves. He needs to have a professional full time coach to get him back onto track. A year ago I don't think I would have imagined in a years time I would say it, but he needs not just consult a coach every now and then, if he is to continue dominating he is going to need it. He is probably the most talented tennis player I have ever seen and the glandular fever he had at the start of the year clearly threw him off and how good Rafa has become clearly has impacted him. With a professional full time coach working with him to adjust his game plan and fix the areas he needs to improve on, hopefully he can rekindle the spark or brilliance only he has.

Yeah I thought he would be able to beat him, even through he isn't in full form. Plus he has beaten him in all the other 8 matches. The US open will be very interesting this year as Rafa isn't as good on Hard courts, Federer usually loves them. Though in this form who knows if he will be able to make it all the way through a slam. Novak is doing ok, he beat Rafa in the last tournament. My guess is they will line up a semi for Federer and Novak, so he will have to beat him to get to the finals. I wouldn't be surprised if the draw fell like that.
Novak beat Blake- 6-3, 7-6 (7/4)