The Other Albums?

The Disciple

The Revenant
Sep 7, 2005
Norfolk, UK
s8.invisionfree.com
Hello everyone.

I bought Viva Emptiness a few years back. Went I listened to it I didn't actually like it much. I bought it due to a song on Metal Hammer I think.

Today I got bored of the CDs I was listening to and put it on. My tastes have changed over the years and as I listen to this CD I'm really enjoying it.

My question is, what are the other albums like in comparison to Viva Emptiness. Just in-case they went I different approach with Viva Emptiness and I might not like the others, I thought the best place to ask would be here.

(I don't have broadband..so I can't listen to mp3s)

Thanks for any replies.

Desciple......
Katatonia has changed alot since their beginning......if you are liking VIVA then I would work your way backward.....the cd before viva is "Last Fair Deal Gone Down" I think youll enjoy it alot....the cd before that one is "tonights decision"....

if your like me and used to be into much heavier music than I am now you will definately enjoy their older stuff too...they used to have a growling voince instead of clean vocals.....it is definately more doom oriented......either way all of their alblums (to me) seem to center on some real feelings that are usually buried by the clamour of our daily lives......as far as I am concerned Katatonia is the best band of all time......

Welcome to the forum....

Reece

Deliverance6 said:
Desciple......
Katatonia has changed alot since their beginning......if you are liking VIVA then I would work your way backward.....the cd before viva is "Last Fair Deal Gone Down" I think youll enjoy it alot....the cd before that one is "tonights decision"....

if your like me and used to be into much heavier music than I am now you will definately enjoy their older stuff too...they used to have a growling voince instead of clean vocals.....it is definately more doom oriented......either way all of their alblums (to me) seem to center on some real feelings that are usually buried by the clamour of our daily lives......as far as I am concerned Katatonia is the best band of all time......

Welcome to the forum....

Reece

Cheers mate, and thanks guys.

I think I'll star from the beginning first, especially as my other tastes in metal are more heavier, but I also have an indie side to me, so I think I'll except just about anything, aslong as that talent is still there.

:)

Thanks again

Each album is different, so if you dont like maybe some of the older stuff, dont let that put you off. There is still plenty there to get obsessed about.

Brave Murder Day is one of the best Metal albums you'll ever hear...

Discouraged Ones is my favourite Katatonia release. :)

Check out Katatonia's 1994 killer album, The Bleeding. This is Katatonia at their heaviest, probably the sickest album ever made! With songs about stalking women, killing them, serial murders, and zombies, you can't go wrong!

Oh, and Discouraged Ones is pretty good too, but that's when they started using clean vocals and got all gay.

-Vince

EvilVince said:
Check out Katatonia's 1994 killer album, The Bleeding. This is Katatonia at their heaviest, probably the sickest album ever made! With songs about stalking women, killing them, serial murders, and zombies, you can't go wrong!

Wait, what? The Bleeding? What is this?

For a Heavier feel to Katatonia which album would you suggest -

Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Tonight's Decision
Brave Yesterdays (2CD)

(Comments on which one of those you particuly like and why, would be cool. As I'm going with what you guys say as I can't get a taster on this damnc connection)

Brave Yester Days is a collection of the old era songs.. so you will like it more... try Brave Murder DAy, Dance of december Souls, Sounds of Decay and For Funerals To Come albums/EPs..

Hails brothers, since one year i try to comunicate with katatonia members but,
i cant, id like to someone can help me, bye ,. Carlos . odin1981k@hotmail.com :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :wave: