The production of Paradise Lost

I really don't care how it looks. Never have, and I NEVER will.

Ahh ok...hey you know...l totally forgot what forum l was on and that condescension and assinine attitude is readily acceptable here. I was lost but now l'm found.

I just thought that SX would want to be represented better. There are bands that have shit canned their messageboards due to exactly what l see here. Food for thought. Carry on.

Ahh ok...hey you know...l totally forgot what forum l was on and that condescension and assinine attitude is readily acceptable here. I was lost but now l'm found.

I just thought that SX would want to be represented better. There are bands that have shit canned their messageboards due to exactly what l see here. Food for thought. Carry on.

Way to snip the rest of my explanation. I don't get you at all. Some times you
have something worth while to say, and can actually contribute, and other times, you act like a fucking troll. Perhaps if the band cared more about this forum, and actually participated in some way, shape, or form, it might be an inspiration to clean up the house. Personally, I really wouldn't care if this forum gets shut down. That may happen sooner than you think....
If your god-like self thinks that a better job can be done by your royal lowness, please, by all means, write a note to Jax, and apply. I'd love to see how the almighty Acension with all his delusions of maturity & grandeur would handle this daycare center... I could use a good laugh.....

Thanks Dan...:zombie:

and another little snippet for Mr. Acension - The next time you come here and act like an antagonistic prick, I will temp ban you. Do it a second time, and I will perma-ban you. This is your first, and last warning.

Way to snip the rest of my explanation.

Sorry if your feelings were hurt. I just saw the negative statement from someone that is a authoritative factor and it stood out like a beacon of light. If someone from the band saw that, I wonder if they would shake their head is disbelief? These are the thoughts I have when I read some of the posts...especially those from a Mod. Surely you understand this.

J-Dubya 777 said:
Perhaps if the band cared more about this forum, and actually participated in some way, shape, or form, it might be an inspiration to clean up the house. Personally, I really wouldn't care if this forum gets shut down.

Vice versa...if the forum were cleaned up & civility maintained...they may feel inspired.
The last sentence in the quote is just disappointing period.

J-Dubya 777 said:
If your god-like self thinks that a better job can be done by your royal lowness, please, by all means, write a note to Jax, and apply. I'd love to see how the almighty Acension with all his delusions of maturity & grandeur would handle this daycare center... I could use a good laugh.....

I would love to, but my business life would keep me from the constant vigil that l would self impose to keep order the way l saw fit. Of course, my vision of discipline might turn a forum into a wasteland too...so it may not be a good idea anyway. So, don't get me wrong I applaud your efforts. I just see room for improvement. You'll have to excuse me for that...it is the way I am. It's why I am sought after by companies on 2 different continents. And, I don't utilize threats in my management style. Counter productive, demoralizing & just a waste of energy.

Sorry if your feelings were hurt. I just saw the negative statement from someone that is a authoritative factor and it stood out like a beacon of light. If someone from the band saw that, I wonder if they would shake their head is disbelief? These are the thoughts I have when I read some of the posts...especially those from a Mod. Surely you understand this..

Nah, I don't get butthurt over what anonymous people on the internet say or think of me. I consider my role more as a zoo keeper and sometimes day care provider. While there are GOOD things about this forum, it needs an enema, like I've said before.

Vice versa...if the forum were cleaned up & civility maintained...they may feel inspired. The last sentence in the quote is just disappointing period..

I agree, but in the however many years this forum has been around, there has been zero direct involvement. In all honesty, it's really a glorified fan created forum. I think a band's internet presence IS important, especially in this kind genre. I don't think that importance is shared with the rest of the upper food chain, hence, my disdain for things a lot of the time. As for the last sentence, all I can say is "if you only knew" and I'll leave it at that.

I would love to, but my business life would keep me from the constant vigil that l would self impose to keep order the way l saw fit. Of course, my vision of discipline might turn a forum into a wasteland too...so it may not be a good idea anyway. So, don't get me wrong I applaud your efforts. I just see room for improvement. You'll have to excuse me for that...it is the way I am. It's why I am sought after by companies on 2 different continents. And, I don't utilize threats in my management style. Counter productive, demoralizing & just a waste of energy.

I can relate to the vigil needed. I think your vision of discipline & mine are probably not that different. There is always room for improvement. As for threats, at some point, you may have to draw a line in the sand. I'm not going to get involved in any bitch fights with you or anyone else from this point forward. I endorse discussion, even heated and otherwise, but as soon as things begin to look like they are heading toward getting out of hand, they will stop, one way or another (that's not a threat, btw) Thanks for your civil response, I do appreciate it

i haven't gotten PL yet. did Romeo produce and engineer the album like he did on the Odyssey? People should cut him some slack, considering he's not a professional mix engineer I think he did a killer job on that album. i'd like to see most artists who compose most of the music as well as well as be a top guitarist also have the know-how to put together a sweet mix.

The production of the album, to me, is an extremely important aspect of PL. I do love the album, but for different reasons than their other works. Did it live up to what I was hoping? Not really, but I've shrugged it off and accepted it for what it is, and it's grown on me. But just because I like the album, and listen to it regularly, doesnt mean it lives up to what I'd expect from SX after a five-year hiatus; after all, SX is my favorite band, and I DO listen to other stuff. You don't have to be super insane holy SX grade to be appreciated. IMO, PL is not super insane holy SX grade. It's only super insane, with production values that give it more of a fair fighting edge. For sheer sound quality and downright balls you have PL. For everything else, you have V.

I think the notion that to be what people wanted it to be PL would have to sound like an older album is silly. I also think that opinion of work and respect for it are different things. Regardless of anything I respect what they've done. They wanted to go in a different direction; whatever they want to have fun with, as long as it's still good music. And it is.

The production of the album, to me, is an extremely important aspect of PL. I do love the album, but for different reasons than their other works. Did it live up to what I was hoping? Not really, but I've shrugged it off and accepted it for what it is

Yes...absolutely. It is a good "metal" album...not a great prog metal album, not close...but it is what it is. Really, I kind of relate it to some of Savatage's work. Good metal with a few classical influenced moments.

BlackTron said:
They wanted to go in a different direction; whatever they want to have fun with, as long as it's still good music. And it is.

New direction? Not really. The new elements...nu metal guitar tone, harsher vocals...is representative of the "dark" spin that was put out before the release. Alot of bands are doing this...nothing new and SX hinted at it on The Odyssey. They do seem to have more fun with it on this one though.

you know J-dub, just because we ae how we are doesn't make this place a zoo!

Like hell it doesn't! :Smug:

Yes...absolutely. It is a good "metal" album...not a great prog metal album, not close...but it is what it is. Really, I kind of relate it to some of Savatage's work. Good metal with a few classical influenced moments.

I tend to agree that it's much more metal than prog, but I'm not big on labelling bands, or arguing about what is prog, I'm more concerned with what I consider to be good music, and I'm really digging PL. I like it more than V, and it's right up there with DWoT as far as I'm concerned....

New direction? Not really. The new elements...nu metal guitar tone, harsher vocals...is representative of the "dark" spin that was put out before the release. Alot of bands are doing this...nothing new and SX hinted at it on The Odyssey. They do seem to have more fun with it on this one though.

Agreed about them having more fun with it, but disagree with the "nu-metal" tone. I think MJR's Caparisons really add to the snarling guitar tone. There's something special about those PH-R pickups (if that is in fact what he has in them).

J-dub...example #1. One of your primary contributors. Clean up on SX forum aisle 2.

If I knew who/what he was referring to...
Is he wahhing you for your comments? If so I don't think it was necessary, Is he wahhhing BlackTron for the cd not being what he expected?

Dude... fucking WAAAAAHHHHHHH

:lol: right. ok.

Would you like to expound on the WAHHH Zach?

Agreed about them having more fun with it, but disagree with the "nu-metal" tone. I think MJR's Caparisons really add to the snarling guitar tone. There's something special about those PH-R pickups (if that is in fact what he has in them).

nope, still using dimarzios (tone zone in the neck and X2N in the bridge). There's no way pickups alone would account for such a huge difference.

pickups_lg.jpg

Interesting.....I didn't mean to infer that the p/u's were the ONLY thing. I think I said "add to". I won't be able to see until late this month Hence, my disclaimer... :)