The production of Paradise Lost

J-dub...example #1. One of your primary contributors. Clean up on SX forum aisle 2.

I dunno, clean-up on this forums! There are some things we get away with, but if dooms gay sac saying is considered one of those things the forums would turn gay!

Yes...absolutely. It is a good "metal" album...not a great prog metal album, not close...but it is what it is. Really, I kind of relate it to some of Savatage's work. Good metal with a few classical influenced moments.

New direction? Not really. The new elements...nu metal guitar tone, harsher vocals...is representative of the "dark" spin that was put out before the release. Alot of bands are doing this...nothing new and SX hinted at it on The Odyssey. They do seem to have more fun with it on this one though.

baby_crying_closeup.jpg

The production of the album, to me, is an extremely important aspect of PL. I do love the album, but for different reasons than their other works. Did it live up to what I was hoping? Not really, but I've shrugged it off and accepted it for what it is, and it's grown on me. But just because I like the album, and listen to it regularly, doesnt mean it lives up to what I'd expect from SX after a five-year hiatus; after all, SX is my favorite band, and I DO listen to other stuff. You don't have to be super insane holy SX grade to be appreciated. IMO, PL is not super insane holy SX grade. It's only super insane, with production values that give it more of a fair fighting edge. For sheer sound quality and downright balls you have PL. For everything else, you have V.

I think the notion that to be what people wanted it to be PL would have to sound like an older album is silly. I also think that opinion of work and respect for it are different things. Regardless of anything I respect what they've done. They wanted to go in a different direction; whatever they want to have fun with, as long as it's still good music. And it is.

Damn, dude... talk about hitting the nail on the head as far as my thoughts/opinions go.

I really do love PL, but it hasn't really met my expectations. I think one main reason is because I was actually expecting more prog elements than previous works, rather than less. If this album had been released by any other band, I would've been really impressed, but because it was released by SX, a band that no other bands can match (imo), I was expecting something a little bigger. I'm still listening to it every day and loving it regardless... and I look forward to seeing them play some of it live in a few weeks!

Look, I'll settle this.
You are all jackasses, end of discussion, "none of you win, everbody loses."*

*Semi quoted from someone on this board who has said that line before, copyright material all rights reserved etc. etc. suck my penor

I think it was actually maddox who said that in reference to his stance on abortion. He's against abortion, but for killing babies. Nobody wins, everybody loses.

Ohh, thats it ! You know I just saw that site only one month ago by chance while looking through the internet and out of boredom typed in ' the best website in the universe ', seriously lol
Great satirical and funny writing, the swear is too often for my liking but I still enjoy it because its a way or writing.

Actually, I think that is his Capa, I had a close look on the Caparison website, and it definately looks like his custom dellinger has those DiMarzios... shame, cos the Caparison stock PU's are fantastic IMO...

X2N in the Bridge, ToneZone in the neck. I have an X2N in the bridge of my 6-String. I would've gotten a ToneZone for the neck, but I think that the PAF Joe is alot more what I'm looking for.

X2N in the Bridge, ToneZone in the neck. I have an X2N in the bridge of my 6-String. I would've gotten a ToneZone for the neck, but I think that the PAF Joe is alot more what I'm looking for.

I have the X2N in the bridge and Tone Zone in the neck. It owns, though I would like to try another neck pickup.. just to see whats out there, but I love my X2N bridge sound its perfect for me
MU HAHAHA

I have the X2N in the bridge and Tone Zone in the neck. It owns, though I would like to try another neck pickup.. just to see whats out there, but I love my X2N bridge sound its perfect for me
MU HAHAHA

I don't have a favorite, because not every pickup sounds great in every guitar (EMG fans take note! :p ) I'd say my top 2 are the PAF Pro & the Caparison PH-R. Whatever pups are in my Korean RG SCREAM as well.