the Pronunciation thread

Susperia said:
I thought he was American. Simple mistake, nothing stupid going on there.

You knew he wasn't because you've argued with him before, actually.

A) I didn't realize it was the same person. (I argue with a lot of people here)

B) I must have bloody forgotten if I did know. Which I don't remember ever knowing.

C) Shutup it's my birthday I'll do what I want today.

I do know what I'm missing though. I am not that sheltered. My brother drinks with his friends all the time, and well, I'm in college right now. I see people drinking and it's effects left and right.

If you look at how it's spelled, you see there is no R in Kalmah.

See the difference between Norwegian/Swedish/Finnish etc and English is that we pronounce most of the words as they are written. Which makes sense when you think of it.

I appreciate this. I am welsh and welsh is written with a certain syntax that means that what you see is what you say (following the basic rules). I am completely unfamiliar with Finnish/Swedish etc so therefore had to make a guess and was wrong. The only reason why I pronounced Kalmah, 'Karma' is because of the same rule in English to do with 'calm'. So it appears my friend was correct. I will now try and read everything as it is spelt phonetically now!

Cheers

So I take it you are one of those people who stay inside your room still living at your parents reading poetry and exploring the great art of the *insert art era thing here* on friday nights instead of wasting time on having fun with friends. You are such a role model.

Was he talking to you or I?

edit: Oh okay.

By the way, neither of us ever said alcohol was lame. I just think drinking for the sole sake of drinking is pretty lame. And a waste of money.

Maybe not all of us can waste our money like you can.