The Purchases Thread

My thoughts exactly! Enter is great, with ample heaviness, while they tried to go commercial with Mother Earth. It's nice that the returned to heaviness with The Silent Force. I'm really looking forward to getting their new one when I've got some money again.

Not what I'd say the coolest .... OZZY's newie : Black Rain ... apparently there is Didgeridoo sample on the title track fuked if I could hear it...
Anybody know who Kevin Churko is, he has co-written all the tracks with Ozzy and Zakk.
Pretty paint by numbers so far .. but its new

I'm not going to bother with the new Ozzy. I heard the first single and switched off halfway through it. Just sounds like more of the same post-No More Tears Ozzy to me.

It actually sounds like the last 2 albums, well without Under Cover, Ozzmosis and Back to Earth have good tracks on them, but overall are sorta weak albums, so far this is a little better than them just flicking through the tracks

Was naughty on Sunday and went to JB got these

Pain - Psalms of Existence
Entombed - When in Sodom EP
Deftones - Saturday Night Wrist
Slayer - Reign in Blood

Got those last 3 for $10 each, hence why I rebought one and finally bought one I have had for ages, as for Pain, I have always been a fan, if your not, take you elitist view and shove it up your own arse :p

I completed my Iron Maiden "re-issue" collection so now I can see Eddie staring at me from my CD rack! I might move them to a shelf with bookends and have Eddie "somewhere in time" figure stand behind them, that'd look sweet!

Has anyone else noticed with the Maiden re-issues that the covers are brighter? Piece of Mind was a darker yellow though... I no longer have my LPs so I cant compare them to that.

Live After Death cover was a fraction more zoomed in also.

Anyways, I bought
Live After Death
Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell: the Dio years
Megadeth - Arsenal of Megadeth DVD (for $10!!! brand new, that was a steal and saves me dubbing off my old, poor quality, Peace Sells etc clips to DVD)

Today I bought:

DVDs
Scrubs, season 5
Bruce Springsteen - Live in Dublin

CDs
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
The Traveling Wilburies Collection
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits

Listening to the new DT at the moment. It's easily their best album in ten years. I'm loving it.

Oh, and I bought a new stereo this afternoon. I'd had the old one for 11 years and it was starting to make the CDs jump, so I thought it was time to upgrade.

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Saw a teensy bit of it on Channel 9 yesterday, just a bit of "Oh Mary Don't You Weep" which was pretty good.

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits

Listened to this today - surprised at how many of the songs I actually knew. The only one I recognised when looking at the tracklist was Free Fallin'. I bought the CD purely because it was cheap ($10) and I thought it time to hear some of his stuff, and I think I'm now a fan. Top stuff.