The Purchases Thread

The extra one is Dark Days, which I believe you have?

I was thinking of just giving it to a mate, since it is such an awesome album, he should dig it. If he doesn't, I will slap him in the chops.

Yeah share the love mate, I was just gonna update my haggard as fuck copy, but your better off giving to your mate and spreading the music a bit :headbang:

Some stuff I have aquired during my absence from the forum:

Black Sabbath - Black Box - essential shit, all together in one nice package.

Grave Digger - Yesterday single / Live DVD - glad the DVD came from with the single because the sound is shite. Hard to watch after seeing their amazing DVD 25 To Live.

Melechesh - Emissaries - everyone is saying it is hands down their best yet, and after only a couple of listens, I am not yet convinced. Sounds great, but their previous album Sphynx is amazing. Time will tell.

Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side - same as above really. With only a couple of listens, I am digging it, but I am sure it won't stand the test of time alongside Versus The World and Fate Of Norns, both of which I adore. Needs more listening though.

Mercenary - 11 Dreams - this came highly recommended, and again, disappointed! I guess I was expecting to be blown away because of the hype I have heard, but it is pretty standard stuff to my ears (again, only a couple of listens).

Susperia - Vindication - now this is more like it, something that didn't disappoint, though probably because I had heard it before. Not as good as Unlimited, but needed it for the collection. New one out this year, can't wait.

Rodrigo Y Gabriela - Rodrigo Y Gabriela - nice music to cook dinner to or clean the house too. Yeeaah.

Testament - The New Order - Classic, and I hope to see them this week, though I don't have tickets yet. Will be a last minute decision, but I am leaning towards yes.

The Alan Parsons Project - Tales Of Mystery And Imagination - crazy stuff, though I don't really know what else to say. Glad to finally hear it in full, and look forward to listening to it more closely when I have the time.

Twisted Sister - Under The Blade - TEAR IT LOOSE! What better place to start my TS collection than here!

Satyrian - Eternitas - bought this one more out of curiousity than anything, because it features members from The Dreamside, who intrigue me. Good stuff, but nothing special really, just nice standard goth stuff.

That new Rainbow DVD that I forget the name of - absolutely brilliant stuff. Classic lineup (apart from the keyboard guy) which is just amazing to watch. Dio and Richie are on fire. Great live DVD, and only $9.99 from JB!

I think that is about it.

That's a mighty haul there, Jordan. I'll I've got in recent months is a free CD that came with Metal Hammer magazine.

Twisted Sister - Under The Blade - TEAR IT LOOSE! What better place to start my TS collection than here!
Ahh, ex-cellent:headbang:

Since my absence from here since last yr, I've bought a few CDs, here is a few of the ones I'll admit too...
WASP - helldorado
WINDIR- Likeferd
COF - Nymphatemine
SUFFOCATION - Souls to Deny
LAMB OF GOD - heaven is boring, well this surely is.
KISS - Double Platinum
BLOC PARTY- Silent Alarm
INTERPOL - Antics
EVILS TOY - XTC Implant
SNOG - Lies Inc.
X Marks- Drawback

Recently I have acquired -

Katatonia - Tonight's Decision
Soilwork - Figure Number Nive
Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos
Dark Tranquillity - Haven
Megadeth - PSBWB
Megadeth - RIP
Megadeth - SFSGSW

Is the new Suffocation any good?
I'm yet to hear it. Souls to Deny is decent enough though, they seem to have some slightly different influences which has helped them not stagnate. Lets face it, there is not alot of room for expansion in their sound with so many DM bands copying them.

Nice work on the 'Deth there, Stonewall:headbang:

Havent heard it much Blitzy, to be honest I only bought it coz it was cheap and I had heard a few say it was one of their best.

I'm not much of a fan but I've owned a few of the early albums in days past, they dont tend to stay long in my collection though...

I bought the first season of 24 the other day, and have been watching it a lot since last night. I missed out on the first four or so seasons when they were screened.

My first haul of the year has netted me the following
Black Sabbath - The Dio Years
Machine Head - The Blackening
Glenn Hughes - Music For The Devine
Dungeon - The Final Chapter