The Purchases Thread

Stuff I'm expecting in t' post any ice age now:

From CD Universe

KISS- Killers (Japanese reissue that damn well better be a new master as described. This album was an essential part of my childhood).

Blind Guardian- Nightfall In Middle Earth

Blind Guardian- A Twist In the Myth

From my new best friends at DVD Box Office

Nowhere Man (complete series box set)

Lord Of Illusions (director's cut)

Hellraiser III (widescreen)

From some bloke in Copenhagen via Ebay

Blind Guardian- A Night At The Opera (Asian import with bonus acoustic version of Harvest Of Sorrow. Not bad for $27)

W

Turned up yesterday from The End Records:

Cradle Of Filth - Thornography - disappointing after Nymphetamine, but that album is a classic, so you couldn't expect it to top it. Only had one listen so far, and there is crap on there, but there seems to be some really great tracks too, so still worthwhile for the fan.

Silentium - SI.VM E.T A.V.VM - an EP featuring the song Apart, which is awesome, and isn't on any of their albums. Great band, great song (and the other 3 rock too!)

Galloglass - Legends From Now And Nevermore - any fans of Dungeon should give this one a listen. I am not one for much power metal these days, but this band aroused my interest where most other power metal bands fail...they fucking rock.

Immortal - At The Heart Of Winter - classic! I hope to see them in Europe next year, so thought it was about time I gave them a better spin.

Melechesh - Sphynx - with their newie on the way, I thought I should get a genuine copy of this album as well. Awesome black thrash, cannot wait to hear the follow up!

^ Nice one on the Immortal, that is an awesome album.

Got these baby's in this 'moro

Megiddo - The Devil and the whore
Morrigan - Enter the sea of flames
Tearstained - Final Thoughts
Weakling - Dead as Dreams

:headbang:

Yeah.. Talisman - 7.
It was released about a month ago. It's quite ok, but certainly nothing special.

There is still a heap of Talisman I'm yet to get. Them remasters are just too dang expensive.

They sure were expensive! I have them all now.
Please, please, PLEASE get Genesis. Easily their best, and it comes with Live At Sweden Rock Fest - their best live album.

:headbang::headbang:

Yes, I saw that one today.

I only have Humanimal and that other one, the one with the cover of Crazy on it. I also have Cats & Dogs, but that's not a remaster, obviously.

They sure were expensive! I have them all now.
Please, please, PLEASE get Genesis. Easily their best, and it comes with Live At Sweden Rock Fest - their best live album.

:headbang::headbang:

eeek!! I was wrong.
Genesis comes with a CD of demo tracks. :(
The album, Truth, comes with Sweden Rock Fest CD. (and a cover of the Madonna song Frozen)

Blitzkrieg said:
I have recently bought through ebay:

Stabbing Westward - Wither Blister Burn & Peel
Stabbing Westward - Dark Days (both SW albums for $11 including post!)

Blitzkrieg said:
Well these never turned up so I got a refund from the dude and used it to buy Darkest Days and Ungod from someone else. Listening to Ungod now.

Blitzkrieg said:
Is the first time I have ever had a problem with ebay, and he gave me a refund. All good.
4 months later, these turned up in the mail. As it turns out, my only negative ebay experience ended with surprise cds that ended up being free. Rock!

4 months later, these turned up in the mail. As it turns out, my only negative ebay experience ended with surprise cds that ended up being free. Rock!

I just had the same experience with some tshirts.
Basically anything that isn't sent via airmail is bound to be megadelayed. US post is gay.

My most recent purchases were Double Happiness by Jimmy Barnes, with the double-sided CD/DVD that won't play on any of my equipment, A Matter of Life and Death and a second-hand copy of Triple J Hottest 100 Vol 2 that had one disc missing.