The Purchases Thread

Yesterday I bought:

Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
REO Speedwagon - The Essential REO Speedwagon

What do you think of the Glenn Hughes album, Sydo? I got it last year and it took me quite a while to get into it, but now I think it's tops.

What do you think of the Glenn Hughes album, Sydo? I got it last year and it took me quite a while to get into it, but now I think it's tops.

My 15 minute first impression makes it sound like every other Glenn Hughes album I have heard or owned. That's neither a good or bad thing. I am absolutely looking foreward to giving it a full listen, but not really expecting to be blown away.

Instead of paying $75 to see Slayer, I bought some oldschool CDs, nothing was recorded past 1987, woot!

Bitch - Be My Slave/Damnation Alley
Omen - Battle Cry
Omen - The Curse/Nightmares
Cirith Ungol - On Foot in Hell
Helstar - A Distant Thunder
Riot - Fire Down Under

They just arrived this morning, cant wait to get some free time to spin them.

Blitzy re: that COF, it hasnt knocked my socks off but there was some good moments, I still havent listened to it much because d.Filth tends to annoy the crap outa me.

Helstar's "Nosferatu" was one of the first CDs I bought once I started discovering new bands on the net (circa 1996). Haven't listened to it in aaaages.

Helstar's "Nosferatu" was one of the first CDs I bought once I started discovering new bands on the net (circa 1996). Haven't listened to it in aaaages.

You should dust that gem off, its a classic:headbang: I need to get a new turntable so I can play my Helstar LPs amongst others...

I got these in Indonesia. Some on tape for $3.50, others on CD for $10. Because they're cheap I bought stuff just to check out, stuff I wouldn't pay $20 for here.

Aerosmith - Devil's Got a New Disguise (best of)
Andrew W.K. - The Wolf
Anthrax - Return of the Killer As
Gary Moore - Out in the Fields (best of)
King Diamond - The Best of King Diamond
Mastodon - Blood Mountain
Midnight Oil - Flat Chat (compilation)
Motley Crue - Dr Feelgood
Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
Public Enemy - Power to the People and the Beats (best of)
Queen - A Day at the Races
Queen - Greatest Hits III
Rush - The Spirit of Radio: Greatest Hits 1974-1987
Satyricon - Now, Diabolical
Tool - 10,000 Days
Trivium - The Crusade
Within Temptation - The Silent Force

Today I bought:

* Black Sabbath, "Mob Rules" - owned this years ago but in a moment of madness sold it.
* Gary Moore, "The Platinum Collection" - three CDs for $18
* The Departed
* Extras, Season 2

:headbang: :)

The Silent Force is awesome. Heaps better than Mother Earth, which had way too many ballads. I already had it on tape since 2005, but had never really listened to it because a tape player fucked it up a bit.

I went into JB today for the first time in almost 7 months. There are shitloads of new albums I want. Will just have to wait till my $2000 credit card debt is reduced.