The Purchases Thread

Ooh, I got Band of Brothers on Blu-ray for chrissie. Really looking forward to it as I haven't seen any of the series bar 10-15 minutes when it was on tv this time round and it looked quality.

Xbox 360 games:
NHL 2007
Crash of the Titans

CDs:
Ulver - Blood Inside, limited edition #246 of #2000
Captain Cleanoff - Discography 1998-2001
Necrodeath - Draculea
Strapping Young Lad - No Sleep Til Bedtime

All from JB. Got the SYL one for 99c because somebody had scratched the sale price sticker off and they couldn't find it on their system. Awesome :D

today picked up

Arkan - Hilal

3 Claymore manga (think a female version of the 2nd half of the Berserk manga series

for christmas I got myself Vagrant Story from the Playstation Network and the 3 Valkyria Chronicles expansions too, despite still being in the early stages of the game (got stuck and haven't played it for a bit)

Just found these in the letter box:

Iron Maiden - The Early Days DVD
Iron Maiden - Live After Death DVD
Bruce Dickinson - Tyranny Of Souls

Pretty ashamed I hadn't picked these up sooner. I was always holding out to get the Japanese version of ToS with the bonus track, to match my Japanese version of The Chemical Wedding, as the bonus track on that is quite good, but finally realised I was never going to get around to picking it up. Boo.

Today arrived my order from Metal God Apparel...a couple of shirts and a free copy of 'Fight - The War of Words K5 demos". Shirts on sale and a free cd that I wanted anyway = win, and they are pretty cool actually. Looking forward to hearing these unreleased Fight tracks!

picked up Cynic - Traced In Air and have to say not only is it a fantastic album it also has some of the best artwork I have ever seen in a CD!
:headbang:Easily one of my favourite albums of all time.:headbang:

Big orders from Guitar9 and eBay arrived this week:

Beyond Twilight Lurking Fantasia :kickass::kickass::kickass:
Volbeat Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood
Hatebeak/Caninus split
Exivious s/t
Maudlin of the Well Part the Second
Brazen Abbot My Resurrection
Chickenfoot s/t
Fifth Angel s/t
Guthrie Govan Erotic Cakes
Iluvatar Children
Ronni Le Tekro Extra Strong String
Marco Ferrigno The Quest
Izzy Stradlin On Down The Road
Taramis Stretch of the Imagination
GB Arts Return To Forever
Heathen Victims of Deception
Beardfish Sleeping In Traffic Part 2
Tori Amos Abnormally Attracted To Sin
Psychotic Waltz Into The Everflow
Psychotic Waltz Mosquito
The Boy Will Drown Fetish
Neath The Small Untruths
The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble Mutations
Trilogy Life On Earth
Wormfood France
Cirrha Niva For Moments Never Done
Darkwater Calling The Earth To Witness
WitheringSurface The Nude Ballet
Victor Smolski Majesty & Passion
Fleetwood Mac The Very Best compilation
Justin King Le Bleu
Cold Ways My Failure
Choirboys Midnight Sun
Týr Land
Double Dealer Desert of Lost Souls
John Scholfield Piety Street
Impious Death DominationAspera Ripples
Death Scream Bloody Gore remaster
Kiko Loureiro Fullblast
Pat Metheney Orchestrion
Subway To Sally Kreuzfeuer
Bob Katsionis Noemon
Jennifer Batten Whatever
Jorn Spirit Black
Morglbl Jazz for the Deaf

My Rock Band drum kit and 2x wireless guitars finally arrived this week too. Ordered from JB Hifi online on NYE, $30 total for the three inclusive of shipping. Now I just need a PS3 and Rock Band :erk:

got Mass Effect 2 today.

first brand new 360 game that I've brought in months and pretty god so far, more streamlined and slimmed down then the last game.
combat is much better, as are the graphics.
top notch voice acting too.
one grip is the lack of RPG elements in it.

two discs though, so hoping for a decent sized game.

my new Blaze Bayley album arrived today, hands down the best thing the man himself has ever done musically, fucking brilliant, spun it 3 times already, cannot get enough of it. Fan of Blaze or not, you need to hear this album, the band is on fire throughout it :headbang:

I got mine a few days ago as well. After a few listens I wouldn't be saying it is a better album than TMWWND just yet, because that one was something else, but it certainly is a worthy follow up in the same vein. Can't wait to get more listens under my belt.

Death on the Road DVD turned up in the mail yesterday, making my Iron Maiden DVD collection complete! Now I just need to watch them all...

Also grabbed these ones heavily reduced from the closing down sale of our local leading edge music, making way for a new JB.

Downset - Do We Speak A Dead Language?
NIN - And All That Could Have Been
Placebo - Black Market Music
Static X - Machine