The Purchases Thread

That downset album was their best, and a brilliant album in that rap metal genre, one of the only bands that could ever really keep up with RATM in terms of style, bit sad really that they were never able to achieve similar success IMO, but for each successful GOOD group of a genre, there needs to be 100 shit groups who ruin a good thing and end up alot more successful.

As for the Blaze Bayley album, I really prefer the newer one than the rest because it has more passion and aggression, and is really well paced (READ: fast) akin to my tastes in most things metal, again, best thing IMO he has ever been involved in

I bought a scooter on Monday which is sweet. Aside from that, I don't think I'll be making many purchases this year.

So far easily the surpise gem in the aforementioned bulk purchase: The Boy Will Drown Fetish :kickass:Already quite possibly one of my favourite releases for 2009. Kind of reminds me of what Theory In Practice might sound like with more of a grindcore pedigree.

Gorillaz- Plastic beach

Album of the year.

As an aside, I'm loving how much new trip hop is around these days. Plus Massive Attack are playing here in a few weeks. So awesome.

Would be interested in the new Massive Attack album.

Have heard 2 songs from Plastic Beach. The single which I liked, and another track on triple J, which did nothing for me.

Last week I bought the latest Rammstein and Rodrigo Y Gabriella's 11:11. 11:11 came with a bonus DVD that has footage from a festival I saw them at last year, which made me very happy to find. Awesome bonus.

The new Dark Tranquillity which I preordered from Century Media turned up today. A bit of a different direction, it is a little gothic and a little numetal sounding in places, but not in a bad way at all. Quite good! When you first put it on you could be forgiven for thinking that someone put a Korn cd in the wrong case. The first song is the most that way though, so no problems. One and a half listens in and it sounds great!

Bit of everything, mostly early stuff, War inside my head, Possessed to skate, institutionalized, they are what spring straight to mind. Was recorded in 05, but only got released in February, great show, goes a touch over an hour, well worth it I think

I bought the following DVDs on Thursday:

The Hangover (blu-ray)
Any Given Sunday (blu-ray)
300 (blu-ray)
Die Hard (blu-ray)
Alien Quadrilogy (frickin' bargain - $37!)