The Purchases Thread

New Soilwork is definitely pretty good. Not sure about the first track though, sticks out like a sore rock'n'roll thumb.

They're coming out here, aren't they?

I got the first season of Rome in Indo, but haven't had a chance to think about watching it yet.

Similar to Blitzy's above, I just got one of these:

LPSILVERBURST.jpg

It is a thing of beauty.

Yeah it kicks arse. Now I've just gotta work out how I can get the wireless on my netbook to work with it.

got the anime movie Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise

one of the interesting classics of anime that never got a look in because of the dodgy dub, lack or sex and violence and political discussion with turns off the typical Western audience (more so because they try to aim anime at kids and teens, that they are made for all ages)

Yeah it kicks arse. Now I've just gotta work out how I can get the wireless on my netbook to work with it.

You gotta fuck with the modem router thingy I think, I got a mate who is a network nerdy bloke (official title may be different....) he comes round everytime I fuck something up, he makes the router do something, and the whole house is networked up

recently got:

DVD/blu-ray:
Evengelion 1.2 You Are [Not] Alone) on blu-ray
very epic and deals with the old Neon Genesis Evangelion series footage well with new stuff as wel as changes to the Angels, the Evangelion themselves and the story development

books:
the Northern Lights Trilogy (AKA The Golden Compass books)
Smoke & Mirrors Neil Gaiman's short story collection

misc:
2 Gunpla
that is GUNDAM models which you construct yourself (snap fit luckily)
my best mate ordered me a couple online, from existing GUNDAM series
the Wing Zero from the series GUNDAM Wing and the 30th anniversary edition of the original GUNDAM
both Master Grade (complex to explain really) and something to do as I recover from my next bit of surgery :D

sigh

more money spent & wasted (in a way)

decided to upgrade some of my DVDs to blu-ray because it is cheap, can't play NTSC Zone 1 DVDs on my PS3 and one was a bad video transfer that looked bad on a bigger screen (The Nightmare Before Christmas)
blu-ray:
Corpse Bride
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Superman: Director's Edition
Superman II: The Richard Donner version (this is the original that was intended but the studios changed it, adding more comedic elements to the script & films)
Sin City: Recut, Re-Edited (2 disc edition)

books:
Neil Gaiman - Coraline & Other Stories (the original novella of Coraline with extra short stories)

misc:
Seagate 620 (in reality 596) GB portable hard drive
need to upgrade for my next trip into hospital, so would have all my music and video files (mainly my anime) but seems I have more than I thought and may have to switch between my old 320 (296) HD and my new one