The RC baby thread

My son has fell asleep without a hitch and sleeps all night long since he was 3 months old. 7pm rolls around and we say it's bedtime and he gives hugs n kisses and is eager to go sleep. However, starting 4 days ago out of nowhere, he absolutely FREAKS THE FUCK OUT when you put him in his crib for bed. Sounds like absolute blood curdling torture. He even gets so wound up that he gets the balls to climb out of the crib somehow. I caught him just in time going bottoms up, flipping right over the crib fence. We have resorted to laying on the floor until he falls asleep which seems to do the trick but that shit cant last forever...bad habits. He is also having crazy separation anxiety with the mother. Ugh.

Lower his crib and let him cry it out for a couple nights. Problem solved. I wouldn't recommend laying next to his crib until he falls asleep. Disaster awaits you.

His crib is as low as it gets. Only solution would be to get a thinner mattress. We used the Ferber Method to get him to sleep on his own/self soothe @ 7 months which was a breeze for him actually, but at this stage I'm not so sure it is the right move tbh.

Sucks the crib is as low as it gets and he still gets out. Funny too, though.

Is he just having separation anxiety or something? I hate that.

He's definitely having separation anxiety but I think it;s more than that at bedtime. Some kind of other anxiety/fear along with it.

Dude, I think I have an athlete on my hands. I have no fucking idea how he is able to hurdle them bars, but he does it. The first time, he put one leg over, than the other, then hung on the bars and I caught him just as he let go to land. It was pretty amazing imo. My wife started to cry because she was scared tof him hurting himself but I was amazed. The next night though, when he did the heels over head over the bars thing, I kinda got worried. lol

I love it when they do stuff like that....hilarious
Unless they get really hurt, of course.
My 4 year old has a broken foot right now because she's always jumping off stuff. I warned her awhile back that she needed to stop or she'd break a foot. Sure, enough.

He's definitely having separation anxiety but I think it;s more than that at bedtime. Some kind of other anxiety/fear along with it.

Dude, I think I have an athlete on my hands. I have no fucking idea how he is able to hurdle them bars, but he does it. The first time, he put one leg over, than the other, then hung on the bars and I caught him just as he let go to land. It was pretty amazing imo. My wife started to cry because she was scared tof him hurting himself but I was amazed. The next night though, when he did the heels over head over the bars thing, I kinda got worried. lol
I was reading this without seeing the date and thinking you got a second kid.
Your last post got me confused so I went back to double check and was like - oooh... These popping 56 years old threads are tricky.

Reactions: Krilons Resa