The RC baby thread

lurch70

Sep 27, 2002
NYC
OK, it had to happen ... Post your baby tips here :loco:

So, Viki's umbilical cord fell off yesterday and she can bathe normally.

So how many times a week did you guys bathe the little ones the first month or so? Daily? 2-3 times a week?

We've been doing daily for the last 4 days ... what's the general consensus on this?

Right on the money and I didn't even read this part:

"If Emily loves her bath, feel free to make it part of your daily routine. If she doesn't love it, it isn't necessary to bathe her daily. As long as you are changing her diaper regularly and cleaning her diaper area after poops (I don't recommend using prepared wipes that contain alcohol, soap, or perfumes), and spot cleaning after spit-ups, she shouldn't need to be bathed more often than every three or four days. Longer is okay for some babies -- if she starts to smell you will know it's time for a bath! If your baby's skin is drying out too much you will want to cut back on the frequency of baths and apply an alcohol-free, unscented baby lotion daily -- and especially after each bath. After Emily's umbilical stump falls off and her belly button is dry, you will be ready to give her a tub bath. By that time you will feel like a pro, and you will be able to adapt the ideas I've already outlined to the tub. There are, however, a few additional things that I should point out:"

I didn't read any of the stuff posted above so, if this is a repeat, sorry.

There is no need to bathe an infant daily. When they are not being held or in a carseat or bouncy chair (or whatever), they are generally laying in their crib or on a blanket. Aside from bodily fluids they aren't very prone to getting dirty. Our doctor did tell us once, however, that some infants can have adverse reactions to pet dander (if you have pets) and might need to be bathed a little more.

Both of my boys really enjoyed being bathed so we generally gave them one every other day or so. Of course the upside to all of this is that there really isn't anything better than the smell of a freshly-bathed infant.

Long story short, it's a preference thing. As long as you are careful not to let the skin dry out, you're ok.

do not give babies expensive coffee they do not yet have the sophistication necessary to enjoy premium blends

she's a whopping 19.5lbs and 27.5" already at 4 months :lol:

IMG_4353.jpg

Good God.

That picture is hilarious for a number of reasons.

Eric's comments in May were pretty funny

yeah, our dicks are figuratively being smoked in the background.
these cowboys are the husbands of my wife's playground mafia friends ... some women she met that all have same age kids. its a good thing really as we already help each other out.