The recipe for great sounding metal

Thanks for the input. The original question/discussion was an honest observation. But I admit I don't follow every little subgenre there is and I just raised the issue by what I hear e.g. on Spotify metal playlists and such. And I didn't want to prove a point, instead started digging in by doing it myself. I don't know how many of you are musicians but being one myself and also a metal fan, I thought this could be a cool topic for a discussion and even better for a musician/producer to explore. As a result I have learned a lot, and found a lot of new questions. Surely Cannibal Corpse and Ghost sound different, I never had problem understanding that. But how far can you go from the distorted-guitars-massive-drums coctail until it's not 'great sounding metal' anymore?

Reactions: Sophii
Thanks for the input. The original question/discussion was an honest observation. But I admit I don't follow every little subgenre there is and I just raised the issue by what I hear e.g. on Spotify metal playlists and such. And I didn't want to prove a point, instead started digging in by doing it myself. I don't know how many of you are musicians but being one myself and also a metal fan, I thought this could be a cool topic for a discussion and even better for a musician/producer to explore. As a result I have learned a lot, and found a lot of new questions. Surely Cannibal Corpse and Ghost sound different, I never had problem understanding that. But how far can you go from the distorted-guitars-massive-drums coctail until it's not 'great sounding metal' anymore?

At the end of the day, do what's in your best interest. There is such a vast array of heavy metal that its hard to pinpoint the "perfect recipe." Do you, bud! Thats all I will say. And Im honestly looking forward to what you come up with next.

Also, stick around! Dont let this site just be a testing ground. Definitely explore and learn more. Its a bit of a festering mess most of the time, but there are some pretty genuine topics that come by. I hope you were pleased with your results.