The Recommend A Metal Album Thread

Grip Inc - The Power of Inner Strength

product-1623739.jpg

This is my 2nd favorite album behind Blackwater Park. I've always felt each song flows perfectly, and I am a huge fan of the style of Grip Inc's music. Powerful and simple. And Dave lombardo is an animal.

Right along side this album, to me, is their most recent - Incorporated

grip_inc_-_incorporated2004.jpg

annt said:
I like the idea of this thread but I'm having difficulties in choosing which album to recommend...
I guess everyone here has already heard of Emperor's "IX Equilibrium" and Arcturus' "La Masquerade Infernale" as well as Edge of Sanity's "Crimson" so I won't bother with them...
I'll go with the bit more obscure "Written in Waters" by Ved Buens Ende...
744_3670.jpg

It's a dark, twisted and grim album, including members of other Norwegian bands, like Skoll from Ulver/Arcturus. I like its deranged, dreamlike atmosphere. The "true" production may turn some people off, though. There are albums I like more than this but I chose this because I think not that many people have heard of it.

8/10

finally, someone with at least a GRAIN of insight and taste.

@NFU: You've recommended so many great prog albums, and I know you've said, what, 98% of metal is retarded. So, is there a metal album you'll recommend to show us all the light which we all are so obviously not seeing? Or are you gonna keep that info to yourself?

You always seemed so open-minded and positive before. What gives?:erk:

5ive - Self Titled

I'd suggest any of their CDs, but this one is my personal favourite, I'd advise anyone who like Pelican to listen to this, even if its a little... different!
47 minutes of Doom/Drone/ambience. These 2 guys are just amazing, and yeah, it would be hard to say why I suggest them, just give it a listen with an open mind. Its an experience! And one that I enjoy very much when in the right mood!

10/10

5ive.jpg

sons of jonathas - the death dealer (old school trash/death)
aborted - archaic abattoir (complex death metal)
in quest - the comatose quandaries (very complex death metal)

3 very good belgian bands! ... sorry withouth picture (how do you post that?? :p)

btw: @NFU ... oh please, get a life! you don't have to agree with people, but it's not like you are the only intelligent being on the planet! from your reactions (and a lot of trying to be mysterious without saying your so called information and stuff) I'd rather think you are a retard with a desperate urge to feel more intelligent than the rest! ...
this thread is about saying what you like, and perhaps passing this on to someone who didn't know it ...

03e5_sonsofjonathas-thedeathdealer.jpg

thearchaicabattoir.jpg

in-quest.jpg

Hope those are the right covers!

When you post there is a picture like a mountain, click it and type in the address of the picture. If you want to put in a picture off your PC, dont ask me, because I don't know!

Black Session said:
btw: @NFU ... oh please, get a life! you don't have to agree with people, but it's not like you are the only intelligent being on the planet! from your reactions (and a lot of trying to be mysterious without saying your so called information and stuff) I'd rather think you are a retard with a desperate urge to feel more intelligent than the rest! ...
this thread is about saying what you like, and perhaps passing this on to someone who didn't know it ...

Except that when you read what he has to say about 70's prog, he's more than willing to share and has been generally positive. I don't get it.

It seems some Opeth fans, like the band themselves have 2 sides, a growly and harsh side and a calm and mellow side.

B000063CPG.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Crown- Crowned in Terror
"Terror" is the right word for this Album. The drummer gives 100% through the whole album, the guitar work is amazing (check out the solo on "Death is the hunter") and Tomas Lindberg presents his best scream/shouting ever!
Best songs: Crowned in Terror, (I am) hell.:hotjump:

soundave said:
@NFU: You've recommended so many great prog albums, and I know you've said, what, 98% of metal is retarded. So, is there a metal album you'll recommend to show us all the light which we all are so obviously not seeing? Or are you gonna keep that info to yourself?

You always seemed so open-minded and positive before. What gives?:erk:

abigor - nachthymnen
schaliach - sonrise
mefisto - the puzzle
enslaved - eld

I'm sure you've all heard these before but these are my current 'most listened to':

Enslaved - Below The Lights and ISA
Taake - Nattestid
Camel - Moonmadness

..now awaiting the delivery of Deathspell Omega's "Kenose"... I've heard good things about them.

NineFeetUnderground said:
abigor - nachthymnen
schaliach - sonrise
mefisto - the puzzle
enslaved - eld

The Abigor and Enslaved albums are indeed good, the other two I have not heard. 793 (Slaget om Lindisfarne) is a masterpiece!

annt said:
(Slaget om Lindisfarne)
lmfao.. I swear that Lindinsfarne were also a fucking awful 80s Geordie pop band :headbang:

How about some Dan Swano recommendations - i've heard nothing but good stuff about his work, but i don't know what work is his! Just need 5 or so album/band recommendations to search for when i get paid hehe.

NineFeetUnderground said:
abigor - nachthymnen
schaliach - sonrise
mefisto - the puzzle
enslaved - eld

Thanks NFU. :p I respect your musical opinions, so I was pretty curious.