The "Recommend Music" Thread

Spot on, they're an awesome live band! Shame about their set at Dragonforce being so small (it was 30 min or less in Sydney :mad: ). Nice guys too. Their new album's pretty bloody good too :)

Ah right. They got a slightly longer set in Melbourne I think. I was a bit late and missed about 20 mins of them, and I watched them for at least 30 more minutes after that. And hell yes they were good.

Just came home from a progrock festival up here... HOLY FUCK! Some great underground bands you all should check out. Already mentioned above Moon Safari played and arranged the festival together with another "big" local act, Black Bonzo (Uriah Heep/Deep Purple styled rock).
www.myspace.com/blackbonzo

Klotet: Bo Hansson/Camel/Änglagård-influenced instrumental prog.
www.myspace.com/klotet

Qoph: Prog/Psychadelic stoner with some November-like swedish songs. Fantastic singer! They're playing at Progday in North Carolina soon so any of you living nearby must see them!
www.myspace.com/qophrock

Dan, your voice is fucking brutal on the song "The Grand Design" It sounds a lot better than on the Threshold album!

We need a new death metal project :)

He kinda sounds like Åkerfeldt on that song, I thought.

I've got most of the promo...it doesn't sound mastered yet, but the production is pretty nice. This will be a cool album to check out.

Olympos Mons - Medievil [2007]

Damn, I really don't like powermetal that much but I can't stop listening to this album. Songs like "One World", "The Emperors Return", "Medievil" just makes you sing along :loco: It's a good album and some songs are awesome.

4/5

Aeon - Rise To Dominate [2007]

Swedish death metal band Aeon makes no one dissapointed. They deliver wellplayed antichrist metal sounding much like Infestdead or Deicide.
I don't like this album as much as Bleeding the false which I think have better songs. Nevertheless, this is still a good album with highlights like "Luke 4:57" and "You Pray to Nothing".

A weak 4/5

Camel - Harbour of Tears
camel is the best prog rock band ever. Andy Latimer is fucking god.

Yearning - Merging into Landscapes [2007]

This was a suprise for me. Never heard them before, not that i remeber anyway. From Finland of course....like many good bands. This is kind of Atmospheric / Doom Metal as said on metal archives, spot on there. Both growl and normal vocals. I both like and disslike the singers voice.
But this album is one of the best albums I've heard in a while. Don't know what to say...just try them !

4/5

http://www.myspace.com/finyearning The song "October Rain" is from the new album.