The return of the "How are you today?" thread

Yeh, tekstitaito was bit difficult so I really hope the points will stay as they are now when censors read it...putting my hope to the essay :)

I'm tired of some of my friends. People I know since the early 90's. We discuss, it comes to music, and it appears that they have the same tastes since they're 12. One of my best friends just had an iPhone, the first album he put into it was Hybrid Theory. A lot of them still listen to Korn, Marilyn Manson, Nickelback, P.O.D., The Murderdolls, Nightwish, all the regular 14-yo-video-game-playing teen metal. Not that there's a problem with listening to it, but when that's the ONLY music you listen to, that's really sad. When you're 25 and you still have a Rammstein patch on your bag and Cradle Of Filth flags on your room walls. I went to a friend's flat, he wanted to make me test his 5.1 installation with a Stone Sour DVD. He's 23. I don't get it.

I don't consider myself as superior, I like to listen to a Passenger or Deftones album once in a while (and I really appreciate them), but damn, my tastes have growned and changed, all of my friends have left the small town we were born in, they should have evolued aswell... Am I the only one feeling that ?

I'm tired of some of my friends. People I know since the early 90's. We discuss, it comes to music, and it appears that they have the same tastes since they're 12. One of my best friends just had an iPhone, the first album he put into it was Hybrid Theory. A lot of them still listen to Korn, Marilyn Manson, Nickelback, P.O.D., The Murderdolls, Nightwish, all the regular 14-yo-video-game-playing teen metal. Not that there's a problem with listening to it, but when that's the ONLY music you listen to, that's really sad. When you're 25 and you still have a Rammstein patch on your bag and Cradle Of Filth flags on your room walls. I went to a friend's flat, he wanted to make me test his 5.1 installation with a Stone Sour DVD. He's 23. I don't get it.

I don't consider myself as superior, I like to listen to a Passenger or Deftones album once in a while (and I really appreciate them), but damn, my tastes have growned and changed, all of my friends have left the small town we were born in, they should have evolued aswell... Am I the only one feeling that ?

Well what can you expect? French people are major fags. And you sir are artfag. OMG I'm so artsy, Opeth, Porcupine tree, so artsy...

:lol: Sim aussi c'est vrai ! dur dur....

About music, those friends you mention discovered the music when they were teens am I right? Because, I know many ppl like that who never listened to music until they were teenagers. They were totally influenced by what they were told to listen and some years later, they stopped digging other stuff because they simply don't care about music.

It's nice you mentionned Deftones because it's a band that constantly evolve compared to all the other bands from the same scene.

@Brutal Hate : thanks for the kind words :lol:

Well what can you expect? French people are major fags. And you sir are artfag. OMG I'm so artsy, Opeth, Porcupine tree, so artsy...
What ? First of all, you are nothing but a stupid nationalist teenager, "your country sucks because I've seen it on TV", so shut your fucking shitty face, you son of a whore. I hate France, but it's as stupid as saying "all American are fat". And second, I'm all but an artfag, sorry if I listen to good and maybe complex music but I'm not wearing metal bands shirts and drinking beer in the woods with my gothinc friends all night long. I like technical and artsy music, but I listen to hip hop and black metal aswell, I watch Spongebob and often end up throwing at parties. You are really what I hate in this world : a young prick I'd smash to death with a crowbar.

EDIT : reading this after having posted it makes me feel like an idiot. I'm raging because an asshole insults me on the internet. Well played.

I'm tired of some of my friends. People I know since the early 90's. We discuss, it comes to music, and it appears that they have the same tastes since they're 12. One of my best friends just had an iPhone, the first album he put into it was Hybrid Theory. A lot of them still listen to Korn, Marilyn Manson, Nickelback, P.O.D., The Murderdolls, Nightwish, all the regular 14-yo-video-game-playing teen metal. Not that there's a problem with listening to it, but when that's the ONLY music you listen to, that's really sad. When you're 25 and you still have a Rammstein patch on your bag and Cradle Of Filth flags on your room walls.

If this counts,none of my friends in this town doesnt listen to metal at all.Im not in good relations with metalheads here,since last year,when some of them went to old cemetary and took a pictures on graves trying to be very black metal in Marduk and COF shirts and then uploaded them on Facebook as METAL FOR LIFE album. I told them they are the the biggest idiots ive ever seen in my life and since then none of them talks with me.I enjoy it.
I don't consider myself as superior,but damn, my tastes have growned and changed, all of my friends have left the small town we were born in, they should have evolued aswell... Am I the only one feeling that ?

I actualy do think that i know much more abt metal than most of them,and im not in the mood that someone who thinks that COF is the best black metal band ever,tell me that im a poser cause i wear high heels or smth like that.Musical taste changes over the year,its the most normal thing ever,only thing i dont understand is how somebody can listen to the same songs for 5 years or even more,without trying to discover some new bands and music.

What ? First of all, you are nothing but a stupid nationalist teenager, "your country sucks because I've seen it on TV", so shut your fucking shitty face, you son of a whore. I hate France, but it's as stupid as saying "all American are fat". And second, I'm all but an artfag, sorry if I listen to good and maybe complex music but I'm not wearing metal bands shirts and drinking beer in the woods with my gothinc friends all night long. I like technical and artsy music, but I listen to hip hop and black metal aswell, I watch Spongebob and often end up throwing at parties. You are really what I hate in this world : a young prick I'd smash to death with a crowbar.

EDIT : reading this after having posted it makes me feel like an idiot. I'm raging because an asshole insults me on the internet. Well played.

:lol:

First of all I'm not teenager any more. Well maybe a bit. You're just the stereotype I have on french people, who think they are so artsy: going art galleries and stuff. Then you say every other country is just full neanderthals, who listen to metal.

I feel sorry for you, since you listen to hip hop. Try to get over it.

@Brutal Hate : thanks for the kind words :lol:

You're welcome :)

There's just nothing to talk about. It's completely uninteresting to hang out because all they wanna do is drink and sit around. Which is fine, but not every time I come over. Ugh.
Yeah. this : /

Most of my friends are 20-25, and some still act like their fucking 17.
One guy I know is 22 soon, and still is afraid to dispose of his empty alcohol bottles at his house, because his parents will know how much he drinks.

Oh, such fail sauce.

It's sad. They all find shit jobs with no advancement opportunity, mindlessly work, then come home and drink it all away. Pass out. Repeat.

That's not a fun existence, in my mind. But, I guess it works for them.

I know some people like that...it's quite sad. And then they complain when I can't come hang out with them because I have to wake up early and go to school.

to be honest, i miss my old days :lol: Listen to Sodom, breaking shit, fucking on the floor, puking in strangers houses, wearing satan mask wen people are leaving evangelic cults. Nowadays my ideal of a good night is a movie under the blanket while drinking hot chocolate. Jesus i grow up such a pansy.

I am in a great fucking mood.
After school I walked to the petrol station, got some Monster :kickass:, then used the time I had left before my bus came to walk about four bus stops further than I normally would (sounds weird but I love walking on my own) then when I got on the bus the driver said I didn't need to pay my fare which rocked, then I arrived home to an empty house meaning I could do what I liked, then discovered that I have not homework due tomorrow so now I'm just relaxing :cool:

Also, Nerve, you sir, are an art fag <3
Not you :( It hurts me to say, but I'll have to remove you from my Facebook buddy list.

@ the stone's hinge : same here. Some guys from my town (not my friends, thanks God) spend their lives dating 15 yo girls while they're 25, plying with their cars or motorbikes as most of them don't have any driving licences, living at their parent's, drinking. To born in a small town is a very bad thing, but at least do something when you grow up to start a fucking life.

:lol:

First of all I'm not teenager any more. Well maybe a bit. You're just the stereotype I have on french people, who think they are so artsy: going art galleries and stuff. Then you say every other country is just full neanderthals, who listen to metal.

I feel sorry for you, since you listen to hip hop. Try to get over it.
Well fuck your stereotypes : only 4% of french people go to art galleries. Only the Parisians. And I don't do that : I mostly hate paintings and photography. Artist are the ones who create real art, not the ones who buy it or sell photographies of their asses, pretending it's art. I'm not one of them, none are 90% of the French. I'm not defending my country, but if you wanna make fun of some people, try to find a better argument. WWII is a good one, since we DID give the country to the nazis, but if for you a French is a dude who drinks wine while playing accordeon under the Eiffel Tower, well you're definitely the most stupid being I've ever seen.