The return of the "How are you today?" thread

A day that was bound to be shitty due to tons of schoolwork on the agenda got worse at 4:30AM. Long story short- the toilet in the apartment above mine magically overflowed while no one was there and for over 4 hours it "rained" in my bathroom and livingroom. It would've been much less time AND damage but the landlord/company "couldn't contact the maintainance on call". I'd still be waiting if it weren't for the regular maintainance guys who'd just happened to notice the leak in the basement while doing other work.

Cleanup just showed up, which consists of a guy with an economy mop and bucket and trashbags. I hope the fucker realizes the water DID get everywhere and not just on the floor...

Best part is- there's almost no damage upstairs, while my bathroom and living room are demolished(pieces of the ceiling fell like confetti, too) and the apartment below me has ceiling damage.

Fuckin A man...

O shi- Had to call for an ambulance for the first time in my life

My uncle, who's staying over in an empty house next to mine, came stumbling in the door, barely able to keep conscious and with the most insane pains ive heard of in his stomach. The ambulance folks came pretty swift considering my location(luckilly i could tell them exactly my location, this area has no real name or anything, but they got here on first try, hooray for that), and they couldn't determine what was wrong with him, his pain reminisced of passing a kidney stone, but it didn't quite fit, and he woke up from this pain, so he wasn't peeing or and he'd been sleeping for a while before he woke up. Also he was sweating a fair amount, coldsweat. I was with him almost all day, till before he went to bed, as we were trying to install Ubuntu on his laptop, which worked, but we couldnt find the drivers for the wireless.. I have no idea how this happened really, i was with him till he went to bed, and he had no signs of any sickness at all, and he has no medical record thats to speak off, just some minor things.. Anyways, the paramedics took care of him and i called his wife in australia, and i hope they can sort it out, she was pretty worried, and i dont blame her.. I'm worried too..

Pretty shitty end for an otherwise good day

O shi- Had to call for an ambulance for the first time in my life

My uncle, who's staying over in an empty house next to mine, came stumbling in the door, barely able to keep conscious and with the most insane pains ive heard of in his stomach. The ambulance folks came pretty swift considering my location(luckilly i could tell them exactly my location, this area has no real name or anything, but they got here on first try, hooray for that), and they couldn't determine what was wrong with him, his pain reminisced of passing a kidney stone, but it didn't quite fit, and he woke up from this pain, so he wasn't peeing or and he'd been sleeping for a while before he woke up. Also he was sweating a fair amount, coldsweat. I was with him almost all day, till before he went to bed, as we were trying to install Ubuntu on his laptop, which worked, but we couldnt find the drivers for the wireless.. I have no idea how this happened really, i was with him till he went to bed, and he had no signs of any sickness at all, and he has no medical record thats to speak off, just some minor things.. Anyways, the paramedics took care of him and i called his wife in australia, and i hope they can sort it out, she was pretty worried, and i dont blame her.. I'm worried too..

Pretty shitty end for an otherwise good day

Is he at home or at the hospital? That sounds really rough:ill: I've had kidney stones (and now I have them all over again, yay) and passing one was the most indescribable pain I've ever been through. I know that for men it feels way worse than in women, too... I hope that's not what your uncle has and hope he's fine now:)

Is he at home or at the hospital? That sounds really rough:ill: I've had kidney stones (and now I have them all over again, yay) and passing one was the most indescribable pain I've ever been through. I know that for men it feels way worse than in women, too... I hope that's not what your uncle has and hope he's fine now:)

He's still at the hospital

THey're running numerous tests on him, they have no idea what was wrong, but he's better now :) Seems it wasnt a stone though, i guess they wouldve figured that out by now

It's 93°F out right now....with a humidity index of "this fucking sucks."

I'm so jealous! It's been in the 50'sF for the past 3 weeks in Seattle... and it's raining non-stop! I haven't seen the sun in forever...:zombie: AND today one of my clients said it might SNOW here pretty soon. IT'S SPRING for heaven's sakes. Fucking shit hole of a city... :mad::bah:

Trust me Cris, you don't want to be on the East Coast right now, I'd trade places with you in an instant. It was over 100 today outside and there was no air conditioning in the school building I work in. Schools were actually shutting down mid day because it was so hot out (but teachers didn't get to leave).

I'm so jealous! It's been in the 50'sF for the past 3 weeks in Seattle... and it's raining non-stop! I haven't seen the sun in forever...:zombie: AND today one of my clients said it might SNOW here pretty soon. IT'S SPRING for heaven's sakes. Fucking shit hole of a city... :mad::bah:
Ugh! Who'd willingly move to Seattle?

Trust me Cris, you don't want to be on the East Coast right now, I'd trade places with you in an instant. It was over 100 today outside and there was no air conditioning in the school building I work in. Schools were actually shutting down mid day because it was so hot out (but teachers didn't get to leave).

I've lived my whole life in Brazil, so I know how overwhelming the heat can be. God, I actually dreaded those muggy, sweaty days of getting asphalt and pollution dust stuck to my face and not being able to do anything about it until I got home and soaked under a cold shower for 2 hours... BUT SERIOUSLY! WE'RE NOT HAVING A SUMMER THIS YEAR!! If only we could see some sunshine, I wouldn't complain so much. It's just miserable here...:( My whole summer bikini plan that I followed so diligently is going down the drain.

Ugh! Who'd willingly move to Seattle?

Ok, Seattle is not THAT bad! The weather sucks and the people are mostly politically-correct-"intellectualoid"-pricks... but I don't completely hate it. I actually learned to even like all the steep ass hills we have here, as they are a great addition to my work out plan.

But I would like to know what the rest of the country thinks of Seattle and Seattleites:p