The Royal Carnage Top 10 of 2002

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
Since I decided I needed a sick day today, I clearly have nothing better to do than compile our cumulative Top 10 for the year 2002. Without further ado...

10. Blind Guardian - A Night At The Opera
09. Satyricon - Volcano
08. Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos
07. Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done
04. (tie) In Flames - Reroute To Remain
04. (tie) Opeth - Deliverance
04. (tie) Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
03. Symphony X - The Odyssey
02. Arch Enemy - Wages Of Sin
[size=+2]01. Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors[/size]

The Sham Mirrors is one of the best albums. ever. It blows any of their older stuff away.

The End Records are on to a good thing with them me thinks, especially since they rated highly on several 'zine top ten lists of last year.

@DemonSpell: Agreed, and by landing the exclusive NA distro rights to Edguy & Darkthrone over the past year, The End is truly making strides as the label based here...

@ProgMetalFan: Yeah, one thing I've found is that it really doesn't matter what you're metal genre of choice is, Symphony X appeals to everyone. Truly the sign of a superb band & album. I think (and am hoping) that Evergrey fills that role this year.

markgugs said:
Since I decided I needed a sick day today, I clearly have nothing better to do than compile our cumulative Top 10 for the year 2002. Without further ado...

10. Blind Guardian - A Night At The Opera
09. Satyricon - Volcano
08. Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos
07. Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done
04. (tie) In Flames - Reroute To Remain
04. (tie) Opeth - Deliverance
04. (tie) Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
03. Symphony X - The Odyssey
02. Arch Enemy - Wages Of Sin
[size=+2]01. Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors[/size]

I too will distance myself from the In Flames atrocity... how in the hell that cumulatively made it is beyond me...

Papa Josh said:
I too will distance myself from the In Flames atrocity... how in the hell that cumulatively made it is beyond me...

It certainly calls into question the credibility of Royal Carnage. :zombie::cool:

Perhaps we should start a new thread on why people shouldn't be allowed to like the new In Flames...cos, you know, that's never really been done before...d'oh!

:lol: Okay, that was pretty funny Mark. But hey, you can't help but like what you like right? The great thing about music in general is that it is subjective by its very nature. No matter how close two person's tastes are, they're never fully alike.

This is great though, diversion of opinions among our staff is extremely healthy and can only benefit us all in the longrun. :)

Hey everyone, resurrecting this thread since we decided to make the site a bit more easy to navigate through. Over the course of the next few weeks, months, you'll notice that you can get right from each writer's Top 10 list into the album review that matches the uh, well, the album.

Cheers!

markgugs said:
Hey everyone, resurrecting this thread since we decided to make the site a bit more easy to navigate through. Over the course of the next few weeks, months, you'll notice that you can get right from each writer's Top 10 list into the album review that matches the uh, well, the album.

Cheers!

Geez Mark, you have me working on the reviews from the top 10 list, the entire Rage catalogue, a certain The End promo, a Halford/Symphony X show review, what's a metalhead to do???? Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. I need intravenous coffee to keep going or something. :)

Papa Josh said:
I say that new album should be classified as a "weapon of mass destruction" and anyone harboring it should disarm immediately or face execution!

You fucking bully! You throw ten years of economic sanctions on me, watch my women and children die from sickness and disease, and then expect me to play ball? Sheeeeyat, I've already pre-ordered the next album - it's the North Korean import.

:Smokin: