The sellout thread!

Thank you. I dont give a shit if a band sells out or not.

I agree. If the music appeals to me, I'm going to listen to it. I can't be arsed to throw out my music if it becomes popular or "mainstream". I just don't give a shit.

I agree. If the music appeals to me, I'm going to listen to it. I can't be arsed to throw out my music if it becomes popular or "mainstream". I just don't give a shit.

This reminds me of the episode of South Park where "it was on" and they were recruiting people for the dance competition. The goth kid was such a rebel that he rebelled against the other goth kids and joined the dance team. Not truly analogous to this thread but somewhat similar. On that note I completely agree with you. Why should I stop liking music just for the fact that the band "sold out"?

i dont care about if a band sells out or not. if Vile, sold 5 million copies would CC be sellouts?
in the case of metallica, bands change genres all the time, and just because they made more money off thier new stuff doesnt make them sellouts in my eyes. i dont like how the stuff they made the money off of was complete shit, though.

I do. If a band starts compromising themselves artistically by writing music they think will sell more, it generally sounds really contrived and sucks much arse.

Well yeh if a band changes to find new areas of market then they're idiots. But if a band has stayed true to its origins, but has simply gained a huge fan base, I see no problem with that. However alot of people disagree and now find that 'their' band which they found first now has loads of kids wearing the t-shirts, they give up on them.

If the music is still good then the band probably didn't 'sell out', they most likely just happened to write an album that a whole lot of people liked.

Problem is they are usually branded 'sellouts' anyway.