THE SHRED THREAD

Honestly I'd love if Lars would step down from his kit and just help manage and do PR. It's what he's best at. He could totally do good things for other bands..as long as he had no musical influence lol.

Oh yeah postage would have killed you!

OH through the record company okay lol. Well that's cool though, I never won a damn thing lol

Reactions: Slammed
Lars to me is a nothing now. I still listen to Metallica and I like most of their music but I just don't care what the members of the band are up to as I might other bands.

I didn't win anything substantial. Band t-shirts were good (for the most part) and EP's were always good to listen too but it was just the idea of getting something back that was good. I won one competition to design a cover and logo for a band's EP, I think I only got a free EP and T-shirt out of the deal but I was stoked that they were going to use my design on their next EP, then I got annoyed because they broke up before they recorded it :)

Reactions: redfly
No one starts a band to play in the garage all their life and for that reason I don't have a problem with Lars "selling out" as many call it but realistically that "sell out" in many other ways would be called "success" and who doesn't want success!

The local mag had this thing of sticking plastic sampler EP's on the cover. All the were was a flimsy piece of plastic, not even cut in a circle with 4 or 6 songs on it that could be played on a turntable. No idea how the licensing worked but the plastic sheet themselves must have cost next to nothing to produce and it gave readers the chance to sample new music whilst so many new bands were coming out. I've still got some of them floating around in a box somewhere and unlike LP's these things would only stop playing if they have a defined bend in them, warping wasn't an issue.

At least the still shot of him on that video looks better than the still on the video in the other thread. I think he was channelling his inner Paul Stanley on that other shot.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I think he's a One Man show,sort of a modern Zappa thing going on.Not sure of his gauge preference though.

I saw the second coming the other day.

Wolfgang Van Halen playing Eruption on the same guitar that his dad did 30 odd years ago :)