The Star Wars Thread

are you aware of this guy's http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/ star wars prequel (and other bad film) video reviews? they are pretty fuckin long, but he thoroughly analyzes exactly how they are terrible and dude is really funny. typical angry/crazy old man character, but darker and more clever than usual.

if you were finally starting to convince yourself the prequels arent so bad, maybe dont watch his reviews.

Plinkett Reviews and Half in the Bag (all Red Letter Media) are basically where I go to get reviews on films anymore. And yes Neal, some of us are waiting for Lucas to die to see if we can get someone competent to do some film work with the Old Republic... sure wouldn't trust HIM with it.

really seems like the 'rule of two' would discourage people from taking on an apprentice. you tryin to tell me the amoral masters of darkness were so noble and sacrificial to the cause as to train their own murderers?

I think it was less about being noble and more about respecting ultimate power. To the sith, power is everything; it's the most important thing to them. Weakness is punishable by death, so I can see how they would accept the Rule of Two.

But then again, like Max said, they also have no problem sending apprentices to their deaths. They take on multiple apprentices anyway, and they feel that if one was so weak as to die so early, then he or she didn't deserve to live.

Holy shit, this is "awesome"!

All of the animation was done by a single person, who has revised it three times now. Since it's a WIP, he didn't really want it on Youtube. Then another guy came along and added all of the sound effects and music (which really brings it to life) and uploaded it with the blessing of the animator. Wouldn't it be fucking amazing to see a full length feature with this kind of quality?

Last edited by a moderator:
holy crap its moving way too fast like soime crazy jap manga
Music sucks

classical does not mix with electro blasts daftpunk

They showed Episode II and III on TV last night , and while unpacking I had it in the background; the shit is so bad... caught a few parts from Episode III, HOLY HELL it SUCKED

II is the worst of the prequels imo. absolutely boring, inconsequential plot, completely flat characterization and the love story between Padme and Anakin is hilariously stupid.

III is the least awful, if only because The Emperor is in it, but it's still a pretty bad movie. the tone jumps all over the place, the story of how Anakin becomes Darth Vader is overblown and illogical and the seventeen-hour fight scene between Anakin and Obi Wan is just too much to handle. all the greenscreen just makes everything seem like a bad video game

II is the worst of the prequels imo. absolutely boring, inconsequential plot, completely flat characterization and the love story between Padme and Anakin is hilariously stupid.

III is the least awful, if only because The Emperor is in it, but it's still a pretty bad movie. the tone jumps all over the place, the story of how Anakin becomes Darth Vader is overblown and illogical and the seventeen-hour fight scene between Anakin and Obi Wan is just too much to handle. all the greenscreen just makes everything seem like a bad video game

Honestly, I could never decide which of the prequels of the first two that I disliked the most. The first had Jar Jar and "Disney Kid accidentally saves the day" stupidity, but the second was just "how much shit can we fill up the screen with at once?!".

If you haven't watched it yet, check out The People vs George Lucas. There's a scene about thirty minutes in that sums up AotC pretty well. It's a clip from Singing in the Rain that has a guy with an umbrella dancing and singing in the rain, and then all of a sudden a hundred laser blasts are shot at him, and he deflects them all with the umbrella. AotC actually started out somewhat interesting, and then it degenerated about twenty minutes in.

The only saving grace of the third was the fact that it was "darker" than the previous two and it had a pretty good opening and ending (fight, then got stupid again). It's still far behind Jedi though.

Dead Lioness should watch this.

Last edited by a moderator: