the STUPIDEST things ever said to a Gothenburg metal fan.

Originally posted by Skald

So, how would you convince that kid that Mikael Stanne is COOLER than Marylin Man$$0n, even if he his eyes are both of the same color? %)

With my fists if necessary :)

Hehehe i just remember what some dudes from my old hardcore band said when i played DT on some party

"Ha...fucking showoffs ( this was on punish my heaven )"

"That is Black Metal garbage, you fucking blacker fag ( this was on the dividing line"

I tell you sometimes the people claiming to be the most open minded ( like in Hardcore movements ) are the most close minded of all people

Actually, I think a lot of metal fans are very closed minded as well... There are many who just simply refuse to listen to anything which is not metal (or even, not within their favourite subgenre of metal)... which is a pity imo...

NP: Devil Doll - The Girl Who Was... Death

im exactly with you guys on the vocals deal. Half the people who hear what I listen to hate the vocals. I didnt like em at first either but now they are just natural and I couldnt picture it with any other type.

Actually, I think a lot of metal fans are very closed minded as well... There are many who just simply refuse to listen to anything which is not metal (or even, not within their favourite subgenre of metal)... which is a pity imo...

are you saying we're closed minded??? we the bringers of pure metal??? XDDDDDDDDDDD Nah! We're SUPER_close minded.
It's a shame many many many music mates have told me how shitty was a band just because they left the "underground" way.
A band is great, has some response, some on the media and boila, there's a band of sold posers....just can't understand it.
Or the type of ones who say i.e. Anathema or Amorphis are fags because their evolution...
can't understand...
I understand one dislikes newer stuff from bands who played really different, but hey, that's their music and they have the rights to change it. I hate newer stuff (and image) from new metallica (not so new now) but I still love the five first albums and it's up to them what they have done...we don't know if they've sold or they really felt like doing that shit....
but yeap...average metalmen/women are closed minded (obviously there are some who arenot...)

the thing i like most is when little girlies with him-shirts (nothing against him from my side! i liked the first two releases VERY much) ask me if I knew opeth (ha!) and that think to know what blackmetal is because they have the newest cradle-release...

I didnt understand that part :confused:

and yeah many ppl says to me that they listen to metal and they say: i listen to limp bizkit , korn, ratm.......:mad:

Originally posted by AtTheGates2099

So I tell thiem "O.K.....You tell me, could you imagine this kind of music with any OTHER Kind of vocals and it still sound right?"
Yes: see 'Projector' :) Sounds great to me. Or indeed, some Opeth or Dimmu Borgir stuff... I don't think that the standard 'death metal vocals' are necessary. Not that I mind them.

Me: cool shirt

CoF shirt kid: thanks

Me: so you like Black Metal

CoF shirt kid: Yea....I love CoF, Dimmu Borgir, Emperor

Me: Cool...You like Dark Throne, Bathory, Venom, Satyricon, Mayhem...etc...etc....

CoF shirt kid::confused: ....who?

I have had conversations like this more than once:mad:

jAY

At fisrst some words on nu metal:

It is absolute shit (you see i am very close-minded but I don´t think its bad) Nu Metal is for guys who are fed up with chart music, they think that it´s a sign of individual taste, but it´s wrong. Nu Metal is so inconsequent. Just lokk at those guy´s look.
But one other thing about real metal:

I am listening to metal, to different kinds of metal.
I´m 17 and noone can expect me to know every small Black Metal band already.

Originally posted by leadfoot256
Me: cool shirt

CoF shirt kid: thanks

Me: so you like Black Metal

CoF shirt kid: Yea....I love CoF, Dimmu Borgir, Emperor

Me: Cool...You like Dark Throne, Bathory, Venom, Satyricon, Mayhem...etc...etc....

CoF shirt kid::confused: ....who?

I have had conversations like this more than once:mad:

jAY

Damn... yes! I know that :(
I don't know if I shall laugh or cry...

not every SMALL black metal band. What they are saying is that if you like the genre do not stop with 3 or 4 bands because even i that do not care for black metal ( dont ask but mostly just personal taste ) heart at least....umm...30 different bands just by listening to radio station, getting mp3 samples, cheking them at parties etc. Ok im a bands junkie thats a wrong thing but thats my nature, 30 its a bit too much for a genre i am supposed to hate ( but Dame burger and Gehenna often catch my atention...) but you get the point. The one thing i can say is that none of those 30 bands where exaclty alike and have very different styles within the same genre. Same happens with death metal and even on a more reduced genre like melodic death metal go check inflames jester race then pass by the gallery pick up slaughter of the soul check sindustries and then get the chainheart machine...Same genre somehow so different from each other...

1. don't call yourself a blackmetal-fan if you fucking don't know mayhem, burzum or darkthrone (sorry if i forgot anyone even more important ;) ). just don't. see, i don't listen to blackmetal (except for emperor sometimes) and even i know that those three bands are where the mana comes from...
2. as said above, there is more to this new-metal stuff than the image. the music.
and last but not at all least: hey, do4et; you really "don't think it's bad" to be closed-minded? :err: no more words left...

To say people like numetal bands and people like Dark Tranquillity do the same thing in general music its an outright atrocity. I refuse to accept what a comercially motivated band do as music if its not a means of expression its not music. Making a product for an industry following certain fashions its not expression. Please go away

not necesarilly in the defense of Slipknot, but how do you know what their motivation is? Did you approach Slipknot and ask them why their music is horrible, and they replied "Well, were trying to get all the Korn fans to like us man! We need to be as commercial as possible to get our fans!" Ill admit the costumes are goofy, but no one really knows why Slipknot does what they do. So why critiscise them for an assumption made by youself

Cheers!;)

I cannot take a band that stupid seriuosly. Plus their music its mediocre. I just might add that i cannot take any band that image driven seriously just as i do not take black metal seriously but at least i have found SOME bands with talent amongs the black metal league...cannot say that about numetal

hey misanthrope, listen to mudvayne. it's nu metal. and what they do is the same as dt do. they take the music as a frame for their emotions through which they speak to their fans.

oh, and, by the way, shut the fuck up.

well mudvayne don't care too much about those kiddies (take a look at their lyrics and you know what i mean). they describe their own stuff as thinking man's music which, although it may seem a bit arrogant, is just what it is.

but of course you are right when it comes to papa roach (suffocation, no breathing, don't give a fuck if i cut may arm bleeding... oh! poor little piggy!:lol: ) or hed pe or taproot or most of the rest...

the new metal scene is not too different from other ones (okay, there's a hype at the moment but that's not what i mean): few leaders (like acid bath, mudvayne, system of a down) and many, many followers.
just have a look at the blackmetal scene: in germany we got so goddamn many of them, and they are all just utter crap.
i don't know if you got my point, but i'm too tired to think straight (although i am:loco: )