the STUPIDEST things ever said to a Gothenburg metal fan.

don't take this as an offence, but most of those bands are just too damn bad to be important except for their cult status. okay, now anyone can tell me that they started it and without them there wouldn't be burzum, emperor or darkthrone today but in my humble ears most of what those bands mentioned performed back then sounds like bad, bad punk recordings to me (especially sodom and venom).

now shoot me :lol:

mehothra, in a blasphemous mood :loco:

I cannot get past the corpse paint in black metal bands.
I cannot get past the paint in mudvane or numetal

Yes they are similar scenes, i hate a typical metalhead just as much as i hate a numetal kid. And my city its still plagued with a bunch of typical metalheads that cannot get past the heavy metal and power metal wich is an stupid genre trapped into no evolution at all, new powermetal bands trying to make a buck and respect, old heavy metal bands trying to make a buck and be followed as gods. Sickens me too. But nowdays things change around metal scences and its seems more frequent to find intelligent people listening to intelligent bands and actually having opinions not just " yea man maiden rules its maiden man dont mess with maiden they are playing since the 70s man"

don't take this as an offence, but most of those bands are just too damn bad to be important except for their cult status.

That's gotta be one of the stupidest things I've heard. They're perhaps bad to your ears but certainly not to all. And if they were bad, so fucking what? They were the first ones to play black metal so they are the first wave of black metal.

okay, now anyone can tell me that they started it and without them there wouldn't be burzum, emperor or darkthrone today but in my humble ears most of what those bands mentioned performed back then sounds like bad, bad punk recordings to me (especially sodom and venom).

Granted their musical and singing abilites weren't great, hell they weren't even good but the atmosphere is great in some of them (Venom's atmosphere is much more rock starrish than the hatred and coldness of the others).

Why does every discussion about black metal degenerate into a 'who did it first' thing. That's probably the stupidest thing I ever hear.

I'm not dead keen on Venom, but I love Celtic Frost (why do they never get mentioned) and Bathory these kind of bands are greatly responsible for what people call black metal, but if bands like emperor hadn't taken it up, it would have died. Some of it might be a bit gimmicky with corpsepaint and the like, but Dissection wore corpsepaint, but I'll forgive them coz they rule. Damn I even wore corpsepaint when I was younger. I didn't take it too seriously, I was just 'showing my colours' (excuse the pun).

Official DesolatioN Dominion

Why does every discussion about black metal degenerate into a 'who did it first' thing. That's probably the stupidest thing I ever hear.

If you read carefully and with thought this one didn't degenerate into 'who did it first' thing.

Originally posted by FatherVic
ehmmmm take a look :) and leave this thread
laughpf.gif

@FatherVic: yep. you're right.
@everybody else: err, sorry. alright, they WERE important. but still, looked at from today [which is unfair, i know, but what the heck] to me they sound like punk. :lol:

no one in here can tell me what i have to like i hate humans fuck you all dead fuck you to hell and back again fuck you you fuckin fuck err why don't you just kill yourself :loco:

(just kidding :mad: )

hehe. :D

there's no point in argueing [?] any longer so, err, hedon is a wonderful song isn't it?:)

Why does everyone care so much about who started what first? I mean it all the taste of the person anyways. I used to listen to a bunch of "new-metal" and sometimes still do, still cant match up, but just think what is the point in arguing how much black metal is better anyways? So maybe we are the elect who can only hear its beauty anyways :heh: , would you really want new-metallers listening to our stuff anyways? :confused:

I know I wouldnt :loco:

So there :cool:

Its right
one can eventually say that african native music origined american blues wich orignated rock and roll wich turned into metal and eventually into Dark Tranquillity
So there dark tranquillity its based on african music...please..

Unfortunately, i've never had the 'pleasure' of talking to a nu metal fan (not that i can remember anyway) but i see many and usually they jus look with curious fear at me and my opeth/dt etc shirt - they probably think-

"is that a metal band? i bet they are very similar to slipknot, but of course more like, gothic" alternatively, they might think

"oh my god look at her, what a eighties throwback, whats on that shirt - thats crap, bet she's never heard of slipknot - what a loser, get with it?"

well, i've no idea the wonderings of those little shitheads, but its good that they just know to steer clear of my way!
its funny i just scribbled on the bench in my lecture something about the 'stoopid fucking yuppie kids that think its so fashionable to like 'metal' nowadays,' etc.

typical quote of a nu metal fan:

"Yeah i like metal, oh yeah for ages now, i even got limp bizkts first album. the bands i like include korn, slipknot, limp bizkit, mudvayne, oh and i like the underground stuff like cradle of filth, the singer's really cool, he looks like marylin manson, and i like some really heavy stuff like soulfly and pantera"

oh christ

if i was asked for the top ten of all albums ever it would include both opeth AND muvayne [and of course arcturus and townsend and dtand...] belive it or don't. i'll shut up before i repeat myself...

well terria is that .1% that actually like some good music and some...not so decent music :)grin: ) anyway, 99.9 of the other nu-metal fans usually think the way GrandMelancholy stated, belive me, I talk to em everyday hehe.

What about Godsmack? does anyone still listen to them? Before I had my caliing into DT"s great music I lsitened to them, any comment on their style?.... or possibly lack thereof?

well.GODSMACK......hmmm? a couple heavy riffs but not really and the singer UUUccckkKCK. His attempt at sounding cool was horribly redneck........they seem to be some 40 year old construction workers who thought "hey i can do that....while watching MTV" luckily they probably like Black Sabbath while they were around:lol: so they have a couple of ballsy riffs but even that may be giving them more respect than deserved.......just my opinion as of now....take no offense.....
jAY

I always liked them , but at the time it was the most heavy thing I was listening to, then I had my calling :D and now here I am, I dont really listen to them anymore, but just wondering what anyone thought. After DT I just find that most bands now seem so , well... kinda weak like there is no passion in their singing at all, you can only find the right touch in Death Metal. Something about it..... cant find it anywhere else

well my 2 sense anyways.... ummm not much else to say....
Long Live Dark Tranquillity :heh: