the STUPIDEST things ever said to a Gothenburg metal fan.

close-minded people bothers me... especially close-minded men because they never believe i'm into black metal (i'm a woman, i'm not supposed to unless it's cradle of filth) :err:

i listen to Satyricon, Mayhem, Darkthrone, Impaled Nazarene, Ulver, Arcturus, Emperor, Burzum, Gorgoroth, Abruptum, etc & a lot of different things like electronica, jazz, trip hop, industrial, folk, experimental, noise, etc... and i don't think that makes me a poser :bah:

i think a poser is somebody who says s/he hated e.g. Ulver's Marriage of Heaven and Hell just 'cause it isn't black metal anymore (i liked it a LOT btw)

ok, i think i'm rambling....

http://blackmetal.crusader.be/ :lol:

I think a poser can be considered someone who is a fan of something that one genre totally negates another band the person listens too. Say if I like Cannibal Corpse, Exhumed, Death, DT etc, but I also liked Backstreet Boys and Blink 182 :lol: But in general I personally dont care when fans of extreme metal listen to say electronica :)err: :D ) in your case astarte. Music in general is taste and people can really like whatever they want, if their are fans of good music like DT, In Flames, Death, CoB Soilwork etc but they like Slipknot, Mudvayne, Godsmack or what not, than thats fine, least its kinda in the same overall genre...arguable I suppose. Anyway, um...DT RULES! :headbang: :heh:

Hey I have had a huge background in being open minded, my familly listens from things ranging from country to soft rock and I have to put up with all of it. :eek: And besides that everything here is so ghetto that most of my friends listen to some sort of rap, and I dont really mind that. I think its great that women listen to this type of music... and personally I think there should be more who do ;) , its just to bad that it is seldom heard of. If you ask me I think we should find ways to have more women listen to it anyways

Wouldnt that be great?:D

here it doesn't seem to be very common... at the gigs is usually me & two friends...

i think most of the girls listen to goth or doom or doom goth or is it just my idea? :err:

Well to tell you the truth, im not really sure. There are literally none of them who I know at least none who attend the school I am at. what a shame, what a shame :cry: You tell me Astarte, what is your favorite?

And dont worry you cannot be accused of being a poser here ;) and if you are they can answer to me
;)

What I meant was, what is your favorite type of music? Doom Goth, or whatever, if you prefer to characterize the music in that form..... Dont really know why people get all riled up over the genre names anyways, as I said before im open minded if thats what you want to call it so be it :D

Originally posted by -MournBringer-
What I meant was, what is your favorite type of music?
black metal (mostly but not always)

Doom Goth, or whatever, if you prefer to characterize the music in that form..... Dont really know why people get all riled up over the genre names anyways, as I said before im open minded if thats what you want to call it so be it :D
only 'cause i think that's the only way you could know what i'm talking about... unless i start naming bands :)

I know this is a bit off from the current topic in this thread (the topic has changed a lot from the start of the thread...), but there is one thing I don't like about people who don't listen to metal. More than often those people think that every metal band is about worshipping satan or other evil deity. And if not all, at least the ones with black/death metal vocals must be about worshipping evil, they just can't see it otherwise. I just can't stand it.

i don't think that's a defect peculiar to those who don't listen to metal. let's assume you're not into... uhm... jazz. should this be the case, you're probably full of prejudice as regards to what that music is all about, how it works, the evolution it has undergone and such.
what possible way would a non-metal listener have to know that it's not everything about making noise and being bothersome and blaspheme? there are some images culturally conveyed by the words 'heavy-metal'. some of them are quite funny, others are true, others are both funny and true. some are completely naive, but you cannot know for certain unless you get somewhat interested in it and find out.

sure, it's annoying when people won't even be humble enough to admit that they might be wrong because of ignorance, but that has next to nothing to do with h/m in particular.

rahvin.