The 'Thanks, Opeth' thread

Mikael aways says thank you for coming out to their shows...

...but I always say "No, thank you for visiting our crummy town!"

I wanna say so much more.. but I can't say them clearly. Words can't describe how much thanks Opeth really deserves. So I'm going to say it simply and hope the words come to me later.

Thank you so very much for everything, Opeth.

Thank you :D

Seriously, opeth has changed the way I perceive music forever. I sincerely hope that you not only continue to make awesome music, but that the whole endeavour really pays off for you, and that you can all enjoy happy, harmonious lives :D

You guys fucking ROCK! :worship::worship: :headbang: :headbang:

Thanks guys!

That's encouraging! Indeed we're touring like crazy and we're all tied up back home, or most of us anyways!
We're in a shitty hotel in NJ right now and are gonna go for a bite and 29 drinks soon!

Cheers
Mike (on the US computer so don't give me that whole things about it's not me etc etc!)

Mikael Akerfeldt said:
Thanks guys!

That's encouraging! Indeed we're touring like crazy and we're all tied up back home, or most of us anyways!
We're in a shitty hotel in NJ right now and are gonna go for a bite and 29 drinks soon!

Cheers
Mike (on the US computer so don't give me that whole things about it's not me etc etc!)

:tickled: enjoy your evening in nj... I know you guys have a fantastic event scheduled for all of us new york'ers tommorow :cool:

Mikael Akerfeldt said:
Thanks guys!

Cheers

Hi Mike

It's awesome to see how real and down-to-earth you guys are, not above us. Looking forward to seeing you Saturday in R.I., sitting in the first row balcony with the family.

Mikael Akerfeldt said:
Thanks guys!

Cheers

Dude, thank you for all the kickass music and the pictures we took, in the freezing cold, that night.

I hope someday, u guys will tour India. There are not that many shitty hotels there.....:D

Mikael Akerfeldt said:
Thanks guys!

Cheers

dcat, his eyes wet!

Thanks Mike, you and your band are Sooooo "F'in Amazing." :) :headbang:

Long Live Opeth. :worship:

Cheers, for making me want to:spend far too much money in a desperate attempt to see you as often as possible, own as many collectibles as possible, and spend most of my time listening to/playing your music.

However, it is all worth it and I will continue to do so for many years to come (hopefully).

See you in New York tomorrow, and cheers from the bottom of my heart for making what I believe to be some of the best music ever made.

Mikael Akerfeldt said:
Thanks guys!

Cheers

Imposter! :tickled:

Nah, seriously, I was hoping you guys would run into the thread. We all really do appreciate all the time and energy you guys put into touring just so we can all see you perform. Have a few extra drinks on us ;)

Will see you guys when you get down to Melbourne!

This needs to be brought back.

Thanks Opeth, for putting up with your own narrowminded fans.
Know that some of us really appreciate what you guys do, and when we posted on this thread (or shouted at ya at gigs) we meant it. :)

Hey guys. I just wanted to say I really love your music and to keep up the amazing work. You're so much better than any other band out there, so don't ever stop. Thanks for being the best damn metal band out there.

Can't wait to see you guys in Canada.

The dudes in Opeth not only deserve my thanks for providing me with the greatest music my ears have ever heard, but also for positively influencing me in countless ways. So, since a simple thanks would not benefit them all that much, I vow to support in them in any way that I can. :worship:

I have already purchased their entire catalogue, been to one gig, and have influenced my friends into listening to Opeth... so I have a bit of a head start.