The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Dodens Grav said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, not The Angel And The Dark River. AS THE FLOWER WITHERS. The Angel And The Dark River is pretty much utter shit. I made the same mistake. As for Dismember, you need Like An Everflowing Stream, Indecent & Obscene/Pieces, and the new one, The God That Never Was. And the demos.
I burned it off a friend so I don't really care if it sucks or not. I liked the little bit that I listened to. I plan on looking into more Dismember; I didn't expect this to be as melodic as it is. They sound like they'd be a heavier, more brutal band.

Impudent said:
I burned it off a friend so I don't really care if it sucks or not. I liked the little bit that I listened to. I plan on looking into more Dismember; I didn't expect this to be as melodic as it is. They sound like they'd be a heavier, more brutal band.

All the stuff I mentioned is heavier and more brutal.

Impudent said:
Destroyer 666 - Phoenix Rising

If you're gonna go nuts and order full band discographies, you might as well make these guys your next priority. Though I'm guessing you'll do that after one listen of Phoenix Rising anyway.

Décadent said:
If you're gonna go nuts and order full band discographies, you might as well make these guys your next priority. Though I'm guessing you'll do that after one listen of Phoenix Rising anyway.
:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass: :kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass: :kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

I have "Cold Steel For an Iron Age" and I fucking love it. I only got "Phoenix Rising" this time because I buy through a local guy and "Phoenix Rising" was the only one available through him. I'll track down the rest eventually. Actually, he can also get me "Terror Abraxas" but I wasn't sure if that came in CD format, so I passed. Oh yes, and I always order full band discographies (Unless I've heard that a certain album sucks, in which case I pass. I also get EPs if they contain songs not found on any full-lengths.).

Unchain/Phoenix > Terror Abraxas > Cold Steel.

They're all remarkably amazing though. Terror Abraxas has "Trialed by Fire" too, arguably their best song.

Because I never get tired of showing these off:

DSC02381.jpg

Décadent said:
Because I never get tired of showing these off:

DSC02381.jpg

There are literally dozens of people worldwide jealous of that pic - though to be fair most of them will be busy playing D and D or Traveller...:lol:

(Disclaimer: That was intended as a lightly amusing joke - no offence meant, no flaming accepted)

I actually think Unchain The Wolves is their weakest. I would place Phoenix Rising on top, followed by Cold Steel, Terror Abraxas, and then Unchain The Wolves.

It should be the ONLY thing you spin, less you fall into the pit of poueuaoeserdom and start listening to Rammstein!

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!