The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

In contrast, I don't find Secret Chiefs to be anything special at all. I recommend you Guapo - Five Suns though because it's like film score music but not. Good shit and I think from some of the same people/labels/producers.

Cool duddddde.

Everyone who neglected to listen to Phlebotomized's second full-length just cuz there's a song called "I Lost My Cookies In The Disco," just shut the fuck up, take a seat, and listen to this fucking CD. Pure emotional hard rock with metal moments. Excellent epic tracks, excellent poignant melody and lyrics. Fuck off haters.

I like Summoning - "Oath Bound". I usually don't like really keyboard-heavy music, but I'm enjoying it in this case. It's something I don't usually listen to and it's kind of refreshing. Relaxing too. Nice, peaceful melodies.

I've been listening to a lot of old school Death Metal lately, and now that I've got my last.fm working again, I can share with you all. :zombie:

Stuff like:

Afflicted - Prodigal Sun
Mortuary - Blackened Images
Uncanny - Splenium For Nyktophobia
Cadaver - ...In Pains
Therion - Beyond Sanctorum
Tiamat - Sumerian Cry
Tiamat - The Astral Sleep
Unleashed - Shadows In The Deep
Dismember - Like An Everflowing Stream
Carnage - Dark Recollections
Killing Addiction - Omega Factor
Miasma - Changes/Love Songs

I love NASUM these days. Love the heaviness of those short songs. "Scarecrows", "Helvetet" or "Particles" are my favorites.

Dodens Grav said:
I've been listening to a lot of old school Death Metal lately, and now that I've got my last.fm working again, I can share with you all. :zombie:

Stuff like:

Afflicted - Prodigal Sun
Mortuary - Blackened Images
Uncanny - Splenium For Nyktophobia
Cadaver - ...In Pains
Therion - Beyond Sanctorum
Tiamat - Sumerian Cry
Tiamat - The Astral Sleep
Unleashed - Shadows In The Deep
Dismember - Like An Everflowing Stream
Carnage - Dark Recollections
Killing Addiction - Omega Factor
Miasma - Changes/Love Songs

Good shit.

I'll recommend a few lesser known gems in the realm of OSDM.

Afterlife - Surreality
Darkified - A Dance on the Grave
Disgrace - Grey Misery
Dominus - A View to the Dim
Epitaph (Swe) - Seeming Salvation
Mega Slaughter - Calls From the Beyond
Morpheus (Swe) - Son of Hypnos
Polluted Inheritance - Ecocide
Sempiternal Deathreign - The Spooky Gloom
Transgressor - Ether For Scapegoat
Traumatic Voyage - Traumatic...

Malignance said:
Good shit.

Afterlife - Surreality
Disgrace - Grey Misery

I have these on order waiting to come to me, actually. I've had no luck tracking down Darkified, Epitaph, Mega Slaughter, and Morpheus, unfortunately. Epitaph and Mega Slaughter are awesome from the mp3s I have though. Never found any Morpheus to download. I'll look into the others you mentioned, as I've never looked into them.

Dodens Grav said:
I have these on order waiting to come to me, actually. I've had no luck tracking down Darkified, Epitaph, Mega Slaughter, and Morpheus, unfortunately. Epitaph and Mega Slaughter are awesome from the mp3s I have though. Never found any Morpheus to download. I'll look into the others you mentioned, as I've never looked into them.

Where'd you manage to find the Traumatic Voyage? I've ordered it numerous times from Amazon, but there's always been some kind of mistake and the distros never actually have it.

btw, giving Killing Addiction's Omega Factor a spin right now; I'd never noticed how much this fucking owns.

Malignance said:
Where'd you manage to find the Traumatic Voyage? I've ordered it numerous times from Amazon, but there's always been some kind of mistake and the distros never actually have it.

btw, giving Killing Addiction's Omega Factor a spin right now; I'd never noticed how much this fucking owns.

I found it on half.com. There's one on there now for $9.52, but it's from the same seller that I bought it from, so I don't know if it's actually in stock, but you can try.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Everyone who neglected to listen to Phlebotomized's second full-length just cuz there's a song called "I Lost My Cookies In The Disco," just shut the fuck up, take a seat, and listen to this fucking CD. Pure emotional hard rock with metal moments. Excellent epic tracks, excellent poignant melody and lyrics. Fuck off haters.

Sounds interesting, any chance of listening to any songs by them without using p2p?

I'm really digging Electric Wizard - "Dopethrone" right now. I got this off of a friend a couple of days ago and I didn't like it at all upon first listen to it. I decided to give it another chance and now I'm loving it.

Guys, guys...you're not going to believe this. On the Blabbermouth main page. There are FOUR ellipses above the Blabbermouth.net logo, and another one under it. I shit you not. :eek:

Malignance said:
Good shit.

Afterlife - Surreality
Darkified - A Dance on the Grave
Disgrace - Grey Misery
Dominus - A View to the Dim
Epitaph (Swe) - Seeming Salvation
Mega Slaughter - Calls From the Beyond
Morpheus (Swe) - Son of Hypnos
Polluted Inheritance - Ecocide
Sempiternal Deathreign - The Spooky Gloom

May I just second the vote for Dominus - A View to the Dim and also add Dominus - The First Nine.

Essential.:kickass:

Grey Misery just came in today. :kickass: And I placed an order for the first Dominus yesterday. I really wish I could find the Darkified and Epitaph especially though.

I spent far too much, spending money that I'd save up, and I feel like killing myself for being so irresponsible, if you must know, but I console myself by telling myself that I won't buy anything else until I get a job now that I'm out of school and save up the amount that I've spent in the last 3 weeks ($1000+).