The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Guthrum said:
I plan on it, along with their second album.

Those are the only ones really worth your time. The new one is in my opinion up to the level of quality of Indecent & Obscene, and possibly better.

Yeah, from the reviews on Metal Archives I figured those were the ones to get. But thanks for the recommendation anyway, haha.

Ok maybe y'all can have fun with this one...I've been composing a list of bands and albums to check out as I go (ah yes, major nerd right here...) and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on them (I get most of em from the "About: Metal" monthly e-mails I get and BW&BK....I reccomend checking that out), or what each sounds like....here goes:

1. Vanden Plas

2. Impaled Nazarene (I've heard this name many times in 'Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles'...so I'm quite curious about these guys...

3. Ihsahn

4. Dysrhythmia (I've heard good things about the most recent release, but can't find it anywhere [insert sad emotocon here]...)

5. I love Evergrey (especially Recreation Day, and A Night to Remember is so damn good in my opinion), but I've heard mixed things about 'Monday Morning Apacolypse'...I heard they kinda change their angle a bit.

6. Rebel Meets Rebel. Where metal meets the dreaded...'country'...I heard it's a very solid album by Dimebag, Vinnie, Rex, and Coe. It's one that I've anticipted getting for so long, but haven't yet for some reason. I'm sort of expecting a Black-Label-Society-Hangover-Music-Vol-6-esque feel to it (I don't know how accurate that is though)..Insight anyone???

I'm anxious to find out what some of you think of this stuf, and whether it is worth my hard earned cash...Thanks

[Edit]....I just realized I should have posted this in 'Reccomendations'...my apologies

MarkOfTheTriangle said:
Ok maybe y'all can have fun with this one...I've been composing a list of bands and albums to check out as I go (ah yes, major nerd right here...) and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on them (I get most of em from the "About: Metal" monthly e-mails I get and BW&BK....I reccomend checking that out), or what each sounds like....here goes:

1. Vanden Plas

2. Impaled Nazarene (I've heard this name many times in 'Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles'...so I'm quite curious about these guys...

3. Ihsahn

4. Dysrhythmia (I've heard good things about the most recent release, but can't find it anywhere [insert sad emotocon here]...)

5. I love Evergrey (especially Recreation Day, and A Night to Remember is so damn good in my opinion), but I've heard mixed things about 'Monday Morning Apacolypse'...I heard they kinda change their angle a bit.

I'm anxious to find out what some of you think of this stuf, and whether it is worth my hard earned cash...Thanks
Impaled Nazarene - From the little bit I've heard it's pretty cool, punkish black metal. I like it.

Ihsahn - Basically Emperor with less black metal, more progressive metal. Lots of classical influences and operatic vocals. Pretty interesting and pretty much what you'd expect from him.

What are people's thoughts on on Frightmare's Bring Back the Bloodshed?

I think its quite killer death/thrash/punk hybrid with a great melodic element to boot. I recommend it to anyone who are fans of Impaled, or Heartwork-era Carcass.

MarkOfTheTriangle said:

check out Behold...The Arctopus. A lot of the members of Dysrythmia are in it, and it's a crazier band, imo. good stuff.

Final Holocaust is not even close to being as good as consuming impulse or even altars of madness.

Can't we all just agree on something. FUCK!

I'm going to be the minority.

It would not be right if we all agreed so someone has to keep the real sanity keeping you robots awake!!.