The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I finally got my hands on some Bandlands albums on CD after hearing a lot of interesting things about the band, and wanting to give them a listen.

Sweet fucking Jesus on rye bread with a dill pickle.

Jake E. Lee was awsome, and Badlands has his best playing ever. Now I think he's just drugged out. His solo album is really lame.

Eric Singer and Ray Gillen were really sweet in Badlands too. Gillen is one of my favorite singers sever, and he justifies it here. Find his demos recorded with Black Sabbath, if you can. They're amazing. It's a shame he shoved off, right when he was hitting his prime.

Badlands' s/t debut is fucking awesome. Their second album, Voodoo Highway is almost as good. Dusk, their third effort, is on par with Voodoo Highway. The lyrics are a bit weak but the musicianship is excellent.

I can understand that though. It turns out Dusk was originally a demo they were using to shop the new songs. It was recorded live in the studio. It sounds fantastic! Jake and Ray are amazing on this album.

The lyrics were never finished. It was a work in progress.

Then Ray died. :cry:

I find the guitar harmonies in bloodbath to be really interesting. Only anders writes guitar lines like that. I like everything about the band.

I have "Nightmares Made Flesh" and it is simply amazing. I don't know what's not to like about it. Great riffs, powerful vocals, and very catchy. Maybe it's generic, but it's GOOD.

People can't handle the fact that dan swano mikael akerfeldt, and blakkheim do things better than everyone!.

TRUTH

It's incredible how The Greys can say some almost smart things in one thread, and for a few minutes seem like a bright fellow, then suddenly, BANG, and he's right back in idiot-mode...

people, i've been searching time and space to find out who is singing something that goes like "there he stands, the warrior of life, the soldier of fortune, the fighter of (something, i don't remember what), he is the one, mighty, brave, and strong...(and the repeating part sounds like: ) swear to (something)..the defenders of fenoset/spinoseth/!@#$%^/etc.(i recon it is an imaginary realm of some sort, but it might as well be something logical and eloqvent that i didn't figuer out)". i also know that it is sung by a German band (although, i'm not 100% sure about this). if, by chance, you know what i'm talking about, i would apreciate letting me know.;