The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I just got through a first spin of the new Vesperian Sorrow album, Regenesis Creation. It's most incredible, especially the last track Vanquished! Certainly an unexpected surprise.

On the other hand, the new Kampfar, Kvass, was a bit below their normal output. It's still very good, but I expected a lot more from them.

since that one guy who posted about grindcore got his thread locked by Erik Hitler, lets have at it about grindcore!

favorite bands:

Napalm Death
Carcass
Assuck
Benumb
Rotten Sound
Anal Cunt
Cripple Bastards
Discordance Axis
Extreme Noise Terror
Terrorizer
Heresy
Repulsion

all good bands

immo said:
What album should i get from Intestine Baalism?
"An Anatomy Of The Beast" or "Banquet In The Darkness"?

BOTH if possible. Anatomy is more like 90s death metal complete with obscure, atmospheric production, etc. but it still has the famous Baalism melodic lead moments. Banquet is more modern but it does have its fair share of old-school-ness and could be appreciated by plenty of dudes here.

So get Banquet first (it's more professional albeit less kvlt), but get both eventually!

ohiogrinder said:
lets have at it about grindcore!

Let's!

Mindflair
Squash Bowels
Terrorizer
Discordance Axis
Assück
Cripple Bastards
Pig Destroyer (post-PITY = shit pretty much)
Jigsore Terror
Repulsion
Birdflesh

The Czech grind scene is ridiculously awesome.

Alienation Mental
Isacaarum
Negligent Collateral Collapse
etc.

Most/all Czech/Polish grind = bad-fuckin'-ass.

Also, a lot of the bands talked about when mentioning "grindcore" are very much metal.

I know! Well, actually on Psychopathicolorspectrum they do a lot. But other than that they don't really. Ball Spouter has some moments that are, but otherwise, very good brutal deathgrind.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
BOTH if possible. Anatomy is more like 90s death metal complete with obscure, atmospheric production, etc. but it still has the famous Baalism melodic lead moments. Banquet is more modern but it does have its fair share of old-school-ness and could be appreciated by plenty of dudes here.

So get Banquet first (it's more professional albeit less kvlt), but get both eventually!

Let's!

Mindflair
Squash Bowels
Terrorizer
Discordance Axis
Assück
Cripple Bastards
Pig Destroyer (post-PITY = shit pretty much)
Jigsore Terror
Repulsion
Birdflesh

out of those I like Cripple Bastards and Jigsore Terror the most.

May I say, that Skoll is a vastly underrated bass player. Listening to Ved Buens Ende...I'd love to write wandering and meandering bass lines like he does.

and that Plenum fellow in Virus is good too

For grind, check out twodeadsluts onegoodfuck, nasum, and anal cunt of course

anyone know any ambient in the same vein as The Hexenhaus Vigil by Grand Belial's Key? I love that song

Blinded By Blood said:
For grind, check out twodeadsluts onegoodfuck, nasum, and anal cunt of course

anyone know any ambient in the same vein as The Hexenhaus Vigil by Grand Belial's Key? I love that song
That is a pretty cool little song. Unfortunately, I don't know any similar styled bands/songs. On a sidenote, did you know the woman that wrote and performed that died?

Looking into some of these grind bands and most of them ARE on Metal Archives, so I'd say most of them ARE metal.