The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I occasionally listen to both Seance albums trying to figure out what some people find in them and I like a couple of tracks on both albums(the title track on Saltrubbed Eyes, Angelmeat and the closing instrumental are nice) but on the whole I've found both releases to be inconsistent, since the fast-paced songs are kinda forgettable. :shrug:

DarkBliss said:
I occasionally listen to both Seance albums trying to figure out what some people find in them and I like a couple of tracks on both albums(the title track on Saltrubbed Eyes, Angelmeat and the closing instrumental are nice) but on the whole I've found both releases to be inconsistent, since the fast-paced songs are kinda forgettable. :shrug:
I'd have to agree, but I think I'll put them on for another spin.

So I heard my first Agalloch album last night. Ashes Against the Grain. It was quite spectacular. I am going to have to listen to it again to form a good and proper opinion because i was very tired when i was listening to it and I was waiting to finish it to go to sleep. Never a good way to listen to an album. That last track seemed to go on forever.

Evil? said:
I am going to have to listen to it again to form a good and proper opinion because i was very tired when i was listening to it and I was waiting to finish it to go to sleep. Never a good way to listen to an album. That last track seemed to go on forever.

I feel ya, man. I also hate it when I doze off early on in listening to a new album and wake up to find that I wasted about an hour's worth of battery and didn't absorb the music at all. :cry:

my mp3 player has like 35 hours of battery life so owned.....

anyway i shouldve really known this already but HÜSKER DÜ - ZEN ARCADE is a great album!

Spectacular Views said:
my mp3 player has like 35 hours of battery life so owned.....

anyway i shouldve really known this already but HÜSKER DÜ - ZEN ARCADE is a great album!

x2 - I grew up on punk rock so I agree. actually, I'm listening to Black Flag as we speak.

I think Primordial is slowly becoming a favorite band of mine :eek:

On another note, I'm growing to reappreciate Metallica - Kill 'em All

Zephyrus said:
I listened to Storm of the Light's Bane last night.

All I have to say is
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Other great releases include :-

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Metallica - MAster of Puppets
Slayer - South of Heaven

:lol:

I really like Spirit Caravan's Jug Fulla Sun. Has anyone here heard their second album Elusive Truth?

Edit: And are the three albums by two member's other band Wretched (US) worth looking into?
Edit 2:

doom-metal.com said:
Wretched were part of the stable of old-school riffing doom bands found on the German Hellhound label in the early 90s. Although their sound had elements of psychedelia, they were clearly influenced by bands like The Obsessed and St. Vitus. Wretched's songs tended to be rather unconventionally structured and were led by the somewhat gruff, Lemmy-like vocals of Dave Sherman. The albums are consistently high quality; if you like one of them you will probably like them all.

Okay there's a high chance I'll like this, nevermind. Can anyone answer the first question though?