The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Spectacular Views said:
david tibet is amazing, who else would record an album about his cats because christ appeared to him as jhonn balance in a dream and told him to

What the fuck. I can't blame him though, John Balance pretty much is Jesus. Though I don't know if he died for our sins. I hope not.

:(

Spectacular Views said:
he seems absolutely, unequivocally, genuinely fucking insane and yet completely aware of it at the same time

Regardless, C93 is fucking marvellous, but I prefer Sol Invictus for being a fat, ale swillin', folklore spewin' champion.

Necro Joe said:
Check out Oceanic by Isis, not really easy listening but the kind of album you put on when you're physically and mentally exhausted and need to forget the world exists for an hour.

I don't really like isis. thanks though

the new c93 is actuially not a bad starting point.....if youve only heard their early stuff youre in for a surprise though haha

i find c93 kind of interesting in that theyre so obscure but have gotten some really fucking big names (nick cave, bjork, will oldham) to collaborate with them

There's a record store in the city that has well over 20 C93 releases. Might just start grabbing them randomly when the metal section fails to inspire.

I'm listening to Kalmah right now and it's great. Great guitarists especially.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Haha you never heard Kalmah? They're pretty good actually.

I like melodic death metal but hesitate to check things out. Since they're from finland recording at tico tico thought maybe they were influenced by sentenced 'north from here.'

Ok I'm gonna check out Fleur. Also very curious about Of the Wand and the Moon- which album should I get first?

On a related note,The Moon Lay Hidden Beneath a Cloud seems like an interesting act to look into. Has anyone heard them?

Wow how the hell did I miss out on Dominion's Born God And Aware for so long? This is fucking fantastically well-written, interesting tech. death that isn't really haranguing. I'd compare it most closely to the first Necrophagist LP.