The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

MetalNoob said:
I know this is late, but how's the new Unleashed album?

I found it to be alright, but then again its the only unleashed I have ever listened to. So you might want to seek a more knowlageable person for better results.

The Greys said:
I need some easy listening atmospheric metal. I don't mean easy listening as in it needs to resemble pop or anything. I just really need something new. I'm spinning the same oldschool death metal,melodic death metal,doom metal. I don't want any atmospheric fast black metal. The music still needs to be very much guitar oriented also.

Argentum - Ad Interitum Funebrarum

I have officially fallen in love with Limbonic Art. "Ad Noctum" is pure, brutal majesty to the highest degree. I see these guys ascending high on my list in the weeks to come.

^
:lol: haha, I don't believe it!

TODAY on the bus I decided to give that album a spin! Which is incredibly rare. I came to the pretty swift conclusion that it was "artificial and boring". After deciding on that two word summary, I attempted to revist the new Maiden album, for which the one word summary "boring" unfortunately sufficed before long.

I know you may say that the whole approach of Limbonic Art is "artificial", but I don't care - I don't really want to hear overly long songs with computer drums, pretty indistinct guitar riffs and a constant shriek about seemingly generic themes like the "fire in his soul". Not my thing, I like my metal to retain a more organic, raw rock and roll element.

The Greys said:
I need some easy listening atmospheric metal. I don't mean easy listening as in it needs to resemble pop or anything. I just really need something new. I'm spinning the same oldschool death metal,melodic death metal,doom metal. I don't want any atmospheric fast black metal. The music still needs to be very much guitar oriented also.

Aeternus - Beyond the Wandering Moon

Hammer of Might said:
^
:lol: haha, I don't believe it!

TODAY on the bus I decided to give that album a spin! Which is incredibly rare. I came to the pretty swift conclusion that it was "artificial and boring". After deciding on that two word summary, I attempted to revist the new Maiden album, for which the one word summary "boring" unfortunately sufficed before long.

I know you may say that the whole approach of Limbonic Art is "artificial", but I don't care - I don't really want to hear overly long songs with computer drums, pretty indistinct guitar riffs and a constant shriek about seemingly generic themes like the "fire in his soul". Not my thing, I like my metal to retain a more organic, raw rock and roll element.

Almost word for word my approach to metal. Well expressed. If I was a complete bender, I'd say something like "Rep +1". Alas, I don't bend, not even for a friend.

DarkBliss said:
yes, especially if you like Sacramentum/Dissection, The Greys, which I know you do, you can't go wrong with Aeternus.
Sear Bliss is another fine band which should be up your alley

aeternus is a totally different dynamic to those bands. good nonetheless. try "... and so the night became" as well.