The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

When you listen to the album think the band could go on and do more impressive things and then they fuck up. To me anyways. A lot of people seem to still think they're still great.

The Bringer said:
The Amott brothers totally kill everything on the opening track. Definitely worth listening to for anyone who hasn't heard it.

Yes, Enemy Within is one of my favorite songs ever, but my experience with Arch Enemy is that each album has 2 or 3 kickass songs and the rest is just kind of boring. I haven't heard much before Wages but I'm not planning to anytime soon.

My favorite album in that vein is Colony by In Flames. I think Zombie INC. is still my favorite metal song after all these years. The guitar work is just fucking awesome. The riffs are scorching and the clean electric lead into the solo as well as the solo itself is one of the most enjoyable listening experiences I have heard.

Zephyrus said:
Yes, Enemy Within is one of my favorite songs ever, but my experience with Arch Enemy is that each album has 2 or 3 kickass songs and the rest is just kind of boring. I haven't heard much before Wages but I'm not planning to anytime soon.

If you listened to their back catalogue, chances are you would not have these feelings. I agree their newer albums tend to be filled with lots of boring tracks, but every album up to and including Wages of Sin is fucking awesome. Burning Bridges is one of the best collection of riffs ever heard on an album.

Zephyrus said:

Mate,

Liiva era AE pisses all over Gossow era AE

Love,

Carc.

Zephyrus said:
Yes Colony is one of their best, but most albums be Dark Tranquillity blow it away.

Ah you think man? I really cant get into DT as much as other people. I have Damage Done and one other album....cant remember the name...it has the song "Fabric" on it. I like this one much more than DD. Damage Done had a lot of boring stuff for me.

The Greys said:
When you listen to the album think the band could go on and do more impressive things and then they fuck up. To me anyways. A lot of people seem to still think they're still great.

Figure Number Five
is my favorite (or second favorite, sometimes taking a backseat to Steelbath Suicide) album by them. :p

Devy_Metal said:
Ah you think man? I really cant get into DT as much as other people. I have Damage Done and one other album....cant remember the name...it has the song "Fabric" on it. I like this one much more than DD. Damage Done had a lot of boring stuff for me.

"Damage Done" is kickass but it can be a bit repetetive. The other album you own is "Haven" which is definitely a unique album. Check out "The Gallery" and/or "The Mind's I" for they are of a pretty different style, and is definitely their peak.

Zephyrus said:
Yes Colony is one of their best, but most albums be Dark Tranquillity blow it away.

I say whoracle or the jester race are better than colony. I would not take the gallery or any DT over those two.

Old Arch enemy is their best musically but unlistenable because the vocals imo.

The Greys said:
I say whoracle or the jester race are better than colony. I would not take the gallery or any DT over those two.

I like Liivas voice. It was his forehead that used to alarm me.

matchit2_cardback%20Mekon%20Big.jpg

JohanLiiva.jpg

The Greys said:

I dont mind the vocals, but Angela does a better job. Certainly Black Earth is their best though, the first song on there, Bury me and Angel, sounds identical to Carcass' Incarnated Solvent Abuse riff at 1:55. It's probably intentional though..

Kreator/Destroyer said:
i was never a huge black metal fan but i've been listening to Marduk, Arcturus, Satyricon, and Goatwhore (not many people seem to like them though)
Just stop listening to Marduk, Satyricon and Goatwhore and you've got yourself some fine BM taste.