The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Nocturnus makes me think of Xenogears (the video game). Probably because of the robot on the album cover and song titles like "Andromeda Strain" and "Droid Sector". The keyboard also has a very video game sound to it.

Edit: "Empire of the Sands" also goes with the desert setting in Xenogears.

The Greys said:
I have the remastered version of the red in the sky..... I don't know how much different it sounds over the originally. I never thought of it having bad production especially being from the year it was. Gardens of Grief does have better production though. the red in the sky is ours has much better production than with

I like to listen to music at high volumes-TRiTSiO sounds very grating this way, and the album's technical subtleties are lost in the fuzz if you don't put it on loud enough. Couple it with the mildly annoying vocals and you've got yourself an album with a steep learning curve. I'm glad, that I've gotten the hang of it at last:)

Spectacular Views said:
im listening to NOFX for the first time since i was like 14 jesus christ nostalgia

that's a great feeling, I find that music you haven't listened to for a long time can evoke almost exactly the feelings or memories of when you first heard it.

Hammer of Might said:
I'm actually giving The Jester Race a spin, and finding it quite enjoyable.

Still one of my favorite albums.

DarkBliss said:
I like to listen to music at high volumes-TRiTSiO sounds very grating this way, and the album's technical subtleties are lost in the fuzz if you don't put it on loud enough. Couple it with the mildly annoying vocals and you've got yourself an album with a steep learning curve. I'm glad, that I've gotten the hang of it at last:)

I have a pretty good stereo set up so I can get just about anything to sound clear and good, even things like funebre-children of the scorn sound fucking awsome. If I played the cd with earphones I would probably hate the production. I never found the cd to be fuzzy or unclear. The volume itself might be alittle low but it's clear imo. The instruments are not heavily distorted and both guitars harmonize a lot. When guitars harmonize they are more clear than cd with the same guitar track on each side.

Killbot said:
that's a great feeling, I find that music you haven't listened to for a long time can evoke almost exactly the feelings or memories of when you first heard it.

Skinny Puppy's Too Dark Park makes me wanna kill myself when I hear it because I played it and only it for about two months straight during a pretty bleak time in my life. So it's not always a pleasurable feeling unfortunately, but has the same effect.