The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Décadent said:
If you can obtain the demo or the 7" or the split with Necros Christos (which is a re-release of the demo), do so. It's like Beherit meets Sarcofago in a wild orgy of bestiality. Fucking grotesque.

sounds fucking awesome

Hammer of Might said:
Listening to Niroth as well eh? I missed their live set a while ago here in London, I assumed they weould be fairly generic blcak metal (and I had to work the door haha), am I missing something?

Goat Molestor, yeah well "getting hold of" their stuff is pretty much the obstacle. They can't even manage to get copies to their circle of friends :lol:

They are playing in Germany with Archgoat in early November - I contemplated flying out, but there's no way I can afford it really - plus it's on the same night as Grave, Dismember, Unleashed, Entombed here in London, so I don't think I'll bother with the journey.

That Archgoat gig would be utterly fucking incredible. Mate of mine lived in London for 6 months, but flew out a week before the last GM/Archgoat gig. Can't remember who else was playing, but it was a bestial lineup, total old school death worshipping black metal.

I highly, highly recommend Niroth. I've just got a copy of their album (which they've done absolutely no work promoting) and it's blowing me away. Totally epic black metal with fucktonnes of unusual influences.

CAIRATH said:
I once tried to order the Lunar Strain/Subterranean double EP thing and ended up receiving some horrible CD by a German band which apparently had the same catalog number thingy. I sent it back and ordered again and they sent me the wrong one again. Then I gave up.

Probably should try that again sometime. I still haven't heard either.

Thats the one I have. It's pretty good, it has a couple of early versions of songs that later appeared on TJR including Dead Eternity that was apparently called "Dead Eernity" initially. ;)

anybody heard of I Shalt Become? One man black metal project from the mid nineties that released one album on Moribund...was curious to know what it sounds like

Décadent said:
That Archgoat gig would be utterly fucking incredible. Mate of mine lived in London for 6 months, but flew out a week before the last GM/Archgoat gig. Can't remember who else was playing, but it was a bestial lineup, total old school death worshipping black metal.

I highly, highly recommend Niroth. I've just got a copy of their album (which they've done absolutely no work promoting) and it's blowing me away. Totally epic black metal with fucktonnes of unusual influences.
Yeah I really need to see them live, I guess it should be 'Grave Miasma' now :rolleyes:

The vocalist told me he doubts they will be playing London again, although I wonder if that is just rumour-mongering to further boost their underground status! :lol:

Cool, I guess I should investigate Niroth properly!

unknown said:
anybody heard of I Shalt Become? One man black metal project from the mid nineties that released one album on Moribund...was curious to know what it sounds like

Pretty much, along with Striid, one of the underappreciated innovaters in the depressing black metal genre. Also one of the only ones worth your while.

Goat Molestor/Grave Miasma are a fucking cult act, but their singer/guitarist looks like Alexi from CoB. Seriously.

If anyone wants a dub of the Goat Molestor "Ancient Barbaric Assault" demo, get in touch, I've got a few copies here (on tape, of course).

I am consistently amazed by the quality of Leviathan. I don't think anything I've heard of his is less than great. Wrest actually uses dynamics within songs (almost unheard of) and always finds an important role for the bass. Probably the best bass work I can recall in black metal. Some of the best Leviathan is on the splits and demos. Derision from the Blackdeath split, both original tracks from the Xasthur split, and Summoning Lupine from the Howl Mockery at the Cross demos are examples.

I really really really really like the album "Grin" by Coroner. I keep coming back to it over and over. The production is crystal clear, the riffs are tasty, the solos are amazing and the songs are all superbly structured. The atmosphere is nice and dark and somewhat laid back without a hint of cheese and nothing is overdone, it's very much a 'less is more' affair (as opposed to their earlier stuff).

The album was criminally ignored when it came out, and the band broke up a couple of years later.

Anyone else a fan?

MasterOLightning said:
I am consistently amazed by the quality of Leviathan. I don't think anything I've heard of his is less than great. Wrest actually uses dynamics within songs (almost unheard of) and always finds an important role for the bass. Probably the best bass work I can recall in black metal. Some of the best Leviathan is on the splits and demos. Derision from the Blackdeath split, both original tracks from the Xasthur split, and Summoning Lupine from the Howl Mockery at the Cross demos are examples.
I only have the Xasthur/Leviathan split (I hope to change this soon) but I absolutely love the song Unfailing Fall Into Naught

cookiecutter said:
I only have the Xasthur/Leviathan split (I hope to change this soon) but I absolutely love the song Unfailing Fall Into Naught

I saw Subliminal Genocide at Newbury Comics yesterday.

Décadent said:
Goat Molestor/Grave Miasma are a fucking cult act, but their singer/guitarist looks like Alexi from CoB. Seriously.

If anyone wants a dub of the Goat Molestor "Ancient Barbaric Assault" demo, get in touch, I've got a few copies here (on tape, of course).
:lol: He so doesn't.

I wouldn't mind a dub, if we can conquer the distance issue. Haha, I find it amusing that it's easier to find a copy from Australia than from the band who go to my uni :lol: