The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

You listen to much grindcore and after awile your perception is fucked beyond belief.

I like grindcore, but I don't think anyone should have it as their favorite music. I agree with The Greys in that in fucks up your appreciation for other music. Listen to some death metal and let the healing begin.

its, when I hear actually singing, the first word that pops in my head is "mainstream", especially if its nu-metal crooning. I can somewhat tolerate operatic vocals a la Metal Church, though.

I disagree with the first thing you said. I came from punk/hardcore not traditional heavy metal. I didn't grow up listen to Maiden and Priest. I grew up on Minor Threat and Discharge. if you could see that, then you'd know where I'm coming from.

its, when I hear actually singing, the first word that pops in my head is "mainstream", especially if its nu-metal crooning. I can somewhat tolerate operatic vocals a la Metal Church, though.

Well, to start off, you need to stop thinking like that, despite being raised on punk. There is plenty of good music that employs clean vocals, and if you'd open your mind you could start to appreciate much more, not only musically, but in general life. I rate all music by a standard of quality that encompasses all music, but it seems the way you do it prevents you from enjoying life the way it is and keeps your mind closed.

I disagree with the first thing you said. I came from punk/hardcore not traditional heavy metal. I didn't grow up listen to Maiden and Priest. I grew up on Minor Threat and Discharge. if you could see that, then you'd know where I'm coming from.

I was raised on Christian contemporary music, but that doesn't mean I can't open my mind.

Well, to start off, you need to stop thinking like that, despite being raised on punk. There is plenty of good music that employs clean vocals, and if you'd open your mind you could start to appreciate much more, not only musically, but in general life. I rate all music by a standard of quality that encompasses all music, but it seems the way you do it prevents you from enjoying life the way it is and keeps your mind closed.

I was raised on Christian contemporary music, but that doesn't mean I can't open my mind.

what bands could you recommend that could ease me into clean vocals? (I know this belongs in another thread but oh well)

One of the more retarded things I have ever read.

It seems totally retarded to me to think that clean singing equates with being mainstream, but such a comment doesn't surprise me from ohiogrinder.

Just look into classic heavy metal, or indeed speed metal - Angel Witch, Exciter, Saxon... whatever it is, perhaps you will discover that there is more to metal than shitty grind.

P.S. I've had plenty of beer, so apologies in advance if whatever I just typed was super unreasonable.

It seems totally retarded to me to think that clean singing equates with being mainstream, but such a comment doesn't surprise me from ohiogrinder.

Just look into classic heavy metal, or indeed speed metal - Angel Witch, Exciter, Saxon... whatever it is, perhaps you will discover that there is more to metal than shitty grind.

P.S. I've had plenty of beer, so apologies in advance if whatever I just typed was super unreasonable.

I can appreciate the stuff, however, it usually doesn't click with me.

and I like SOME speed metal.

what bands could you recommend that could ease me into clean vocals? (I know this belongs in another thread but oh well)

Well, what else are you looking for? Judging from your opinion of brutality, it's going to be difficult to find a band that would appeal to you. The songwriting of bands with clean vocals vs. that of bands with harsh vocals tends to differ greatly.

Well, what else are you looking for? Judging from your opinion of brutality, it's going to be difficult to find a band that would appeal to you. The songwriting of bands with clean vocals vs. that of bands with harsh vocals tends to differ greatly.

just something thats aggressive but features melodies, both vocal-wise and otherwise.