The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

just something thats aggressive but features melodies, both vocal-wise and otherwise.

metallica
maiden
opeth
megadeth
ozzy
black sabbath
judas priest

metallica is a good place to start as AJFA is very aggressive but with alod of melody + clean vocals - opeth as well as michael is a very good singer and DM growler

metallica
maiden
opeth
megadeth
ozzy
black sabbath
judas priest

metallica is a good place to start as AJFA is very aggressive but with alod of melody + clean vocals - opeth as well as michael is a very good singer and DM growler

I actual own a metallica album, same with black sabbath. I dislike maiden and am indifferent about priest.

I don't know why you recommended me those bands, as I have heard pretty much all of them.

just move into thrash/speed/heavy metal - and then move from there to rock/progressive rock

as much as I love metal, I also love sitting down and relaxing to king crimson or pink floyd (just recently started to get into prog rock)

edit: pantera "cowboys from hell" is also a great album with really good clean vocals

just move into thrash/speed/heavy metal - and then move from there to rock/progressive rock

as much as I love metal, I also love sitting down and relaxing to king crimson or pink floyd (just recently started to get into prog rock)

edit: pantera "cowboys from hell" is also a great album with really good clean vocals

is it just me or do the vocals on Dark Angel's Time Does Not Heal sound like Phil's?

I find myself liking thrash, its not the vocals that bother me, its just the speed. not always fast enough.

there's no genre of music outside of grind and death that is as brutal and fast

you gonna have to break out of your comfort zone if you want to start enjoying anything outside of the 2 said genres

there's no genre of music outside of grind and death that is as brutal and fast

you gonna have to break out of your comfort zone if you want to start enjoying anything outside of the 2 said genres

yeah, you're right.

do you know of any bands that are like early Sepultura, with the catchy riffs and all but without the gruff vocals? thats what I'm looking for in thrash.

Ohio, try Symphony X, you will probably die, but they are great with clean vocals, and you will most likely die, but the musicianship is excellent, but you will probably beg for a bit then die.

I would recommend you listen to some black metal like Darkthrone or Venom, and maybe Mayhem at a stretch. Not like Sepultura, but the riffs are catchy enough.

I am a fan of both Darkthrone and Venom, Mayhem is alright (I really like De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas)

Hey guess what!!!!?!?!

Nattens Madrigal Kicks all sorts of ass. I was a bit worried because of what I had heard about the production values. Gt it in the mail a few days ago, and I am very impressed. I love old Ulver. I certainly wish they would put out more material like Bergtatt and NM.

Nattens Madrigal does kick ass

went to the going out of business Tower records in town ( :cry: ) and picked up the following cds for $30:
Clogs - Stick Music
Legendary Pink Dots - Your Children Placate you From premature graves
Mugison - Little Trip
Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third
Fell - s/t
Kayo Dot - Dowsing Anemone with Copper Tongue

of those, I'm not at all impressed with the Kayo Dot cd. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but whatever it was, the cd didn't live up to it. I'll give it a few more spins

Nattens Madrigal does kick ass

went to the going out of business Tower records in town ( :cry: ) and picked up the following cds for $30:
Clogs - Stick Music
Legendary Pink Dots - Your Children Placate you From premature graves
Mugison - Little Trip
Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third
Fell - s/t
Kayo Dot - Dowsing Anemone with Copper Tongue

of those, I'm not at all impressed with the Kayo Dot cd. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but whatever it was, the cd didn't live up to it. I'll give it a few more spins

Yea there's one nearby to me in New York closing down... too bad I couldn't find anything of value.

i know im late on this but the new joanna newsom is really good.....you metalhead faggots might even like it its pretty epic and folky!

Yea there's one nearby to me in New York closing down... too bad I couldn't find anything of value.

well it really sucks for me because this Tower actually stocked a fair amount of underground metal cds (Bathory, Burzum, October 31, etc...), so now I have to drive all the fuck way out to Hollywood and go to Amoeba Records (which is infinitely better, but the drive sucks my asshole raw).

i know im late on this but the new joanna newsom is really good.....you metalhead faggots might even like it its pretty epic and folky!

Dude, you dress and look like a faggot and....you're just gay. So it is a bit hypocritical to even say something as ludicrous as "metalhead faggots". Just FYI

btw, I have already posted about that album, so you are a little late with this post :lol: