The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I think Edge of Sanity - Crimson II is the greatest/most powerful album ever by a modern metal band

The guitars are so full and heavy, with a perfect production from Dan Swano, amazing bass and drum sound, and the riffs are the best, melodic sounding and almost futuristic with some amazing acoustics as well. There is huge growling vocals and singing. All the instruments on this record were done by Dan Swano, which imo is one of the best musicians around. This is sort of a concept album which is one song divided into parts. Oh yeah, the solos are fuckin' amazing. This is an essential album for any metal fan, although overlooked by many

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Christ on a fucking bike. Could you be any more stupid. :zombie:

well here's a definition of prog metal that I found on the net

Progressive metal is a genre of heavy metal music which shares traits with progressive rock including use of complex compositional structures, odd time signatures, and intricate instrumental playing. The high level of musical proficiency is often combined with a lyrical counterpart in the form of epic textual concepts, resulting in lengthy songs and concept albums. As a result of these factors, progressive metal is rarely heard on mainstream radio and video programs, much due to that the length of the songs are not suited for those medias.

mastodon fits every single thing above like a fucking glove with the exception of very lengthy songs (though they have 1 or 2 songs that are 10+ minutes) - not to mention they blend multiple genres of metal (pretty experimental - another characteristic of prog metal IMO)

Serpent's Knight - Released From The Crypt is pretty damned good, despite the fact that the instruments are really muffled and whatever.

mastodon fits every single thing above like a fucking glove with the exception of very lengthy songs (though they have 1 or 2 songs that are 10+ minutes) - not to mention they blend multiple genres of metal (pretty experimental - another characteristic of prog metal IMO)

Just shut up and enjoy the fucking music. :kickass:

I just want to say that Candlemass 'demons gate' will forever be one of the greatest songs ever recorded.

so what are the opinions on Daath? I'm listening to The Hinderers right now and it sounds pretty damn good

EDIT: aside from (what sounds like) the shitty lyrics