The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I had to sit through Ringworm once and their guitarist was about as good as a 14 year old who was playing for 2 weeks. horrible band

I have Children of Bodom 'follow the reaper' and do not listen to it a lot or find it classic but it's still much better than metalcore.

I had to sit through Ringworm once and their guitarist was about as good as a 14 year old who was playing for 2 weeks. horrible band

Hah, just because it is hardcore influenced (heavily so) doesn't mean the playing is bad at all. Simplicity works wonders in many cases.

killswitch is complete and utter shit

at least COB has talented musicians in the band

To discredit Killswitch's instrumental talent means you've never heard their first two albums, which absolutely kill their most recent two. Sure they don't show off by running scales and playing sweeps on them but again simplicity works wonders in many cases.

Punk on the whole proves this.

I don't mind simplicity. I guess it just depends on how the band approaces music and the sound and style.

Just listened to dark angel- darkness descends and wow does this kick ass! The drum beats are amazing and make you want to headbang non-stop!:kickass:

Considering that I hate Metalcore and I like 80s Metal, I would rather listen to Children Of Bodom (well, Hatebreeder primarily, and Follow The Reaper) than Metalcore.

Meh CoB is average, there are plenty of better bands in the same genre.

Alexi's vocals are horrible, and the only redeeming quality to CoB is Janne Warmen.

For some pure melody I'd have to say Skyfire is the best in the genre, the piano/keyboard mixture with the rest of the music and the black metal vocals is just... so...amazingly good.

Skyfire - Effusion of Strength (Amazing song)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tVtTEBfxqb8

Killswitch is much better than Children of Bodom.

Technically? Hell no. Even in their later material, Children of Bodom towers over Killswitch in technical superiority. I believe CoB are better songwriters, too.

Children of Bodom was among the first bands that I listened to that used harsh vocals, but they're not quite as high on my list as they used to be. Pretty decent band, though, they get too much shit from metalheads. Something Wild,Hatebreeder, and Follow the Reaper are great albums, I really don't see why people hate them so much. Those albums have deeper emotional qualities than most other of the Finnish melodeath subgenre.