The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

As for music I like, I listened to a song from Krieg - The Black House and I liked it a lot, so I'm hoping to get it soon. Anyone have an opinion on it?

It's the song from their myspace, right?

Sounds great, but the rhythm guitar is playing the same riff the entire song with some cool leads over it. I don't know if this can last repeated listens.

Album's got good reviews on M-A.

Anyone who loves Melodic Death metal check out

LORDS OF DECADENCE (They are fucking great)

On their myspace they only have small sample clips, but get on Soulseek and get their albums, its just amazing work.

You know, after having downloaded a couple of Sabbat demos I have to say that - at least on Fragments of a Faith Forgotten - Martin's vocals are better than on the full lengths, much more sharp and biting.

I prefer his vocals on History to Dreamweaver, certainly. Some don't, but I enjoy them more.

Speaking of Sabbat demos, everyone should pick up the Sabbatical Holocaust CD, the compilation of the other Sabbat's early demos. It's rocking!

I am fucking LOVING "Battles In The North". I may have already said so earlier, but it is a brutal and precise tempest of black metal fury. I find myself listening to "Grim and Frostbitten Kingdoms" several times a day.

And Vader's "The Beast" has still not lost its power after having owned it for about six months. I do believe that it is their best work.

I can't remember the last time I listened to something with primarily clean vocals.

I strongly dislike Vader, especially The Beast. The vocals suck.

I like the vocals, especially when I listen to their later albums back to back with the early material and realize how much more articulate he's become with his lyrical delivery. In the early days, he just sort of drooled them out and ended up fully pronouncing very few of the words.

What's wrong with them?

I like the vocals, especially when I listen to their later albums back to back with the early material and realize how much more articulate he's become with his lyrical delivery. In the early days, he just sort of drooled them out and ended up fully pronouncing very few of the words.

What's wrong with them?

I FUCKING HATE when death metal vocalists don't properly pronounce the lyrics

like bolt thrower for example, the vocalist is super low but he still pronounces the words. But say vocals for a band like devourment are horrible

They just annoy the hell out of me. I hate his voice. It sounds someone trying to speak in a low manly voice while taking a huge shit.

edit-@hatebreeder

I FUCKING HATE when death metal vocalists don't properly pronounce the lyrics

like bolt thrower for example, the vocalist is super low but he still pronounces the words. But say vocals for a band like devourment are horrible

That is because Devourment uses a totally different vocal style fucktard, I don't think his goal is to pronounce his super-sophisticated and deep lyrics correctly

Not getting offended, just pointing out the lyrics of that style of music aren't quite meant to be pronounced; they probably would sound incredibly stupid if they were.