The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Most n00bs don't like extreme metal vocals when they first get into extreme metal. I sure as hell didn't.

that's just your taste, don't speak for everybody

Okay, fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.

It has happened again and look at who did it. I KNOW IT IS MY TASTE. I KNOW IT IS MY OPINION. I KNOW THAT! WHO THE FUCK ELSES WOULD IT BE?

FUCK. GODDAMNIT. I DON'T NEED THAT CLARIFIED.

No, no, no. Why is acceptable for the vocals to suck and not the instrumentals? The voice is just as much a part of the music, and yet people accept- sometimes prefer- when it's horrible. I don't but the explanation that metal is "not about" vocals. It doesn't make sense.

It makes perfect sense. Metal has always been about instrumental focus, not about vocal focus like pop or r&b. Therefore anyone into metal should be able to overlook an annoying vocalist if the music is good, when listening to metal. When in Sodom ...

Most n00bs don't like extreme metal vocals when they first get into extreme metal. I sure as hell didn't.

I imagine that I'll eventually enjoy extreme metal. I am pretty much a n00b, though. I've actually liked Judas Priest (and some Anthrax and Metallica) for years. I pretty much got through high school just listening to JP.

Sad, I know. I've just always been pretty lazy and apathetic when it comes to music, but at the start of this year I decided to make a concious effot to "expand my horizons", which is why I came to this site.

Mmkay...so you might want to try not voicing such strong opinions which you'll probably regret in a year's time.

everybody tell andrew good death metal bands without very offensive death metal vocals so he can get used to it

That's ok. When I decide to check that stuff out I'll hit up the recs thread.

Necuratul said:
Mmkay...so you might want to try not voicing such strong opinions which you'll probably regret in a year's time.

Probably. Everyone changes their minds, though, so I doubt I'll regret it.

Talking to me?

I've had that opinion since I've gotten into "extreme" metal about a year or so ago. Only in incredibly extreme circumstances will vocals deter me from liking a metal band, I've yet to come across such a band.

vocals are a big part of the music regardless of the genre

(obviously) they are far more important in genres like pop and R&B, but you still need good vocals that fit the music in metal

in genres like power, progressive and heavy metal, they are crucial